Hezabot Member 117 Member For: 10y 2m 16d Posted 14/07/16 12:30 PM Posted 14/07/16 12:30 PM (edited) I've got a ba xr6 sedan which is lowered 25mm and has 275 tyres on the rear, I'm getting bad camber wear and need to and a camber kit. My question is, what do I need I've found 2 different kits on eBay and I'm not sure which one I need. Also read somewhere else someone said that he would be using shims for some reason Edited 14/07/16 12:38 PM by Hezabot Car is a sedan
Hezabot Member 117 Member For: 10y 2m 16d Posted 14/07/16 12:38 PM Author Posted 14/07/16 12:38 PM Sedan
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 14/07/16 12:44 PM Posted 14/07/16 12:44 PM I think you can go either a whole new adjustable arm, or new bushes that have a set correction. I reckon go for the arms, as both ends will be new and don't need to muck around with fitting new parts to existing arms. Can then fine tune the adjustment more easily.
Hezabot Member 117 Member For: 10y 2m 16d Posted 14/07/16 12:48 PM Author Posted 14/07/16 12:48 PM Ok so they both do the same thing then? wht about shims, is there any need for me to use them?
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 14/07/16 11:05 PM Posted 14/07/16 11:05 PM I think the bushes give a set adjustment (ie x degrees) but the arms are fully adjustable within a range. Not 100% sure on the shims - I'm pretty sure you would use in conjunction with the bushes to get the exact adjustment you want and then would have to re-install different ones if you wanted to fine tune the adjustment later. I don't think this would be an issue with the replacement arms. Someone else might be able to chime in and confirm or deny that.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/07/16 11:15 PM Posted 14/07/16 11:15 PM There are no shims in the rear set up. As mentioned the offset bushes are "X" deg of change so you may wind up with different camber left to right. Personally I'd go with the arms. The rear cradle needs to come out either way so might as well for the the system with better adjustability built in. Who makes the arms and how much?
Hezabot Member 117 Member For: 10y 2m 16d Posted 14/07/16 11:32 PM Author Posted 14/07/16 11:32 PM White line do a set of arms for about $350 or can get a set of nolathane for around $300 (off eBay), I've never been to much of a fan of nolethane so I'll be using white line.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/07/16 11:39 PM Posted 14/07/16 11:39 PM The ones you posted are from here- http://www.performancesuspension.com.au/p-ford-falcon-territory-rear-camber-arms-p-p-psrfal-001-p.html $245 Also being a BA XR are you sure it doesn't have camber adjustable rear uprights? Most BA xr's did?
Hezabot Member 117 Member For: 10y 2m 16d Posted 14/07/16 11:48 PM Author Posted 14/07/16 11:48 PM Yea I just got that pic of Google, If I do it is like to go with something well known (like white line) Mena took to get wheel alignment the other day and he said it's only got the adjustment for tow. Was reading a few forums and looks like there was certain months/years that didn't have it, just got an unlucky one I guess
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now