Josh_G New Member 2 Member For: 10y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/07/16 12:40 AM Posted 01/07/16 12:40 AM Hi Team, Due to my inability to find the answer (user error with keywords, probably), just what section of the sedan exhaust needs to be modified to fit a ute? I get one has IRS and one is a solid rear end; but I'm just trying to confirm up until what point under the car does it no longer fit (I'm assume diff/drive shaft) then whole new rear section over rear end to tail? Car: BA XR6T Ute Thanks!
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,111 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/07/16 12:59 AM Posted 01/07/16 12:59 AM Your guess is correct. The sedan/ute exhaust is the same from the turbo back to approximately the tailshaft centre bearing region. Then it changes as it goes past the diff/axles to the tailpipe. In terms of the "bolt up" section, only the dump and cat are usable cross-platform.
yellowgsr Member 65 Member For: 17y 8m 22d Posted 14/08/16 06:06 AM Posted 14/08/16 06:06 AM I think it converts to twin at the cat so just the dump is usable. Well for ba anyways
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now