Leaking Battery Post Is A Maintenance Issue

badabing

• Member For: 20y 6m 15d

Put the XR6 in to have some work done today and pointed out that the battery post was leaking and had nicely corroded the termial with copper sulphate.

Expecting them to supply a new battery under warranty and crimp a new terminal on to the lead as all the plating has been disolved off the original one, only to be told that FMC will not cover this as warranty because it was a maintenance issue. When I asked what maintenance I neglected to perform that caused the battery post to leak they could not give me an answer. Their solution is to clean it up and paint on some terminal protector which of course will not solve the problem.

What a joke, looks like I'm in the market for a new service department.

When will these guys learn that leases turn over every 4 years and you can bet I won't be using that dealership when the time comes round again! So much for building a relationship with the customer.

:thumbsup::whistle::sick::sick:

/spleen vented, I'll go away now.

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 23d
When will these guys learn that leases turn over every 4 years and you can bet I won't be using that dealership when the time comes round again! So much for building a relationship with the customer.

I hope you let them know mate!

I wont go anywhere near the dealer that sold me the car, and I told the service manager very similar to your quote above. Maybe in not such a nice manner....

On the other hand, the dealership looking after me now is excellent, and I have already told them where the order for my next car is being placed. The service department has sold me my next car.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d

They have short memories some of these Ford dealers. A couple of years ago they could barely give away AUs, now they have BAs (in particualr XRs) that are walking out the door faster than they are bringing them in. This seems to make some dealers complacent.

Fortunately I don't have this problem with my local dealer. The dealer I bought the car from gets my servicing.

• Member For: 20y 9m 4d

Do a search, this has been reported by a few people on the forums.

It's caused by a breach in the seal around the battery post - can ONLY be caused by incorrect handling/installation.

The ONLY fix is battery replacement - the local dealership replaced mine after a bit of haggling...

Please report it to the CRC, as they claim that they have never heard of this issue ! :smilielol:

• Member For: 20y 6m 15d

Thanks guys, I'm glad I'm not being unreasonable in what I'm asking for.

twinxrs, pardon my ignorance but who is CRC? I'd be happy to report it cause it's just the last in a string of niggling little issues that I've had with this car. Somehow Ford needs to get the message that many of us have ..... had enough of this!

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 23d

CRC = Customer Relationship Centre (I think :banghead: )

Also known as 13FORD. Give em a call and let em know. Its as much fun as :smilielol:

Guest Scootre
  • Guests
because it was a maintenance issue. When I asked what maintenance I neglected to perform that caused the battery post to leak they could not give me an answer.

Mate if you have had the car regularly serviced by that same dealer then tell them you agree it's a maintenance issue and that they have failed to maintain it.

Don't give up - get up them.

I find raising my voice in a sales area (in any place of business) when there's customers about tends to get results.

• Member For: 21y 1m 12d

LEAKING BATTERY POST....that sounds terminal :o

Sorrry, my battery lasted exactly 12months and 12 days before it was replaced, the alarm gave me trouble about two weaks prior (because of the battery volts while cranking).