Exhaust Fumes.

nuff72

• Member For: 9y 2m 21d

have a baxr6turbo. Has been tuned bigger injectors. Had to put a new battery in aweek ago!sum times on startup it revs to 3to3.5rpm then the motor stalls.&its getting very fumey also on startup &driving. I have fitted a new cat months ago so hopefully its not dead. Any ideas!

Got a new venom cat& cat pipe 5 months ago &new rear muffler to go with pw stage 2intercooler.took me another 4months before I could get it tuned .got it tuned with vcm,he never touched the boost &a week later it came up with fault code failed wastegate closed &a throttle fault code? I have changed the o2sensor as well 3weeks ago &the fumey smell started not long after that.car still runs pretty well but starts breaking down underload around 4rpm when ya put the boot in a.taking it to spiro at autotech next month, he told me not to do a thing to it till he has a look which makes me feel confident about him sorting out my car,from the last tune!haven't had much success gettin it running sweet.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 18d

Yeah, definitely take it to Spiro. He'll sort you out. Don't touch it and don't thrash it until he has had a chance to look over it (this will cost money to fix... If you want, you can take the car back to the original tuner to fix it, first)

Once bitten twice shy...I'll try&find out where the fumes are coming from fix it &let sprio take it from there .He has quoted me $1100 for hp tune,money is tight so hopefully he doesn't have to straightin to much out before he can tune her.?