Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 4m 25d
Posted (edited)

I had slotted RDA's and good pads on the BMW and did two track days on them with no issues. They didn't warp, crack, or anything?

No squealing, fading, or warping while daily driving with them afterwards either.

I guess Falcons are a bigger and heavier car, so I'll see how these go in December then haha.

Edited by tommo224
  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted

I ran them with Bendix street road track pads and after 1 track day they were shot disc and pads.

Keeps us posted after you track day and remember we like pics.

This is me at wakefeild stock as only brakes done

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted (edited)

looks mean with the dark agents

EDIT: you're on the right track mate, think about your desired power figure, than look into mods and start saving. Do it all in one hit and you'll save a lot of money on dyno tunes. I have a retarded mate that had his car tuned 3 times within 6 months.

Edited by I JET
  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 4m 25d
Posted

I ran them with Bendix street road track pads and after 1 track day they were shot disc and pads.

Keeps us posted after you track day and remember we like pics.

This is me at wakefeild stock as only brakes done

I don't know what the front pads are on the car currently, but they're due for a change. The rotors are definitely in need of a change! I'll see how we go after track day haha.. Most likely would need to be swapped out based on what you guys are saying! But that's a bridge I'll cross when I come to it, since I already have these other rotors to fit.

Here is my car at Wakefield, fourth private track day I've attended with good mates of mine (first with this car). Stock other than the Whiteline sway bars, crappy tyres, and crappy brakes. I had the car for just over a week before hitting the track! Didn't have a chance to fix up anything on it haha. First shot is at the cabins, other two are from when a mate was taking it for a spin.

I didn't go out to the on-track photo shelters this time (I did last time! Fun shooting from there), but someone else did! Happy I got some moving shots of my car for once, normally it's me getting it for everybody else haha.

O92A1569.jpg

O92A1687.jpg

O92A1845.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

looks mean with the dark agents

EDIT: you're on the right track mate, think about your desired power figure, than look into mods and start saving. Do it all in one hit and you'll save a lot of money on dyno tunes. I have a retarded mate that had his car tuned 3 times within 6 months.

Thanks! :) I'm thinking 300kw atw max would be enough to keep me happy and (relatively) out of trouble. But having it all in one go could be a risky thing haha.. All in time! My BMW was pretty quick and responsive, kept me out of trouble too. Pretty sure it was between 220-250kw atw when I owned it.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hills District, NSW
Posted

Nice cars! Im guessing the bimmer would have been just as quick as your new ride?

  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 4m 25d
Posted

BMW felt quicker off the mark and more responsive with the throttle. Probably the advantage of a quick revving 6cyl and two small turbos. It didn't have any lag.

But this feels like it's itching to unleash it's full power! Sleepy, if you will. I just need to unlock that haha.

  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted

Oh it will and it does.

Once you get all your bits and bobs followed by a tune...........BAM!! Car comes alive and fill much better.

  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted (edited)

Yeah know your feeling mate. I wont be doing any more mods for a while because building new house.

but the sad thing is we always wont more power.

Edited by Pixy Angel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...