Caster Advice

Trentwoody

• Member For: 12y 3m 9d

Hi All,

I have new super pro bushes to have installed (SPF3223K) and was wondering with my wheel aligment settings should I be installing these for Caster increase or Caster Decrease to help lengthen the live of my tyres.

all help appreciated

post-49643-0-77224300-1427275230_thumb.j

Edited by Trentwoody

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 12d

Can't see which measurement is which in that pic. But I would suggest increase as it will help the car track straight. Caster doesn't have a massive effect on tyre wear (I'm assuming inside is scrubbing out) the main benefit is toe angle and camber won't change under braking so this will reduce the inner tyre wear.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

Do you have an FG or a BA/BF? The bushes you have are for FG but the printout says BA/BF...

If your car is an FG then fit them so they increase the caster (be careful if you have larger diameter and wider wheels and tyres because they can cause rubbing). I would also change the upper control arm bushes to super pro as this also controls the caster and camber on the vehicle.

Then ask the aligner to set the car with a total front toe of anywhere from +0.5 to +1.0 total toe in for stability and decent tyre wear. 0.5 degrees negative camber works fairly well too.

The rear settings will depend on what bushes have been changed.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

No worries,

All of the above applies to your set up then.

For the rear just ask them to set the toe at +0.5 per side for a total of 1mm toe in. If the rear control blade bushes are still rubber then you can go up to +1.0mm toe per side for 2mm total.