TheTopGun New Member 22 Member For: 11y 11m 25d Posted 05/03/15 06:02 AM Posted 05/03/15 06:02 AM Hey, I was just reading through the receipts and logbooks from the previous owner of my bf mk2. It has 156000 k's atm, but at 126000 k's an inspection was done by the ford dealership one thing of note on the report was - "Possible overboost logged, checked wastgate seems OK, needs further inspection".It's stock and certainly drives like it's not overboosting, hits peak boost very quick, so I'm assuming its fine and has since been fixed. But just for reassurance if the car did overboost an engine warning light would display correct ?
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/03/15 06:14 AM Posted 05/03/15 06:14 AM Everything is stock. How do you know for sure?
TheTopGun New Member 22 Member For: 11y 11m 25d Posted 05/03/15 06:18 AM Author Posted 05/03/15 06:18 AM I don't know for sure as I have no boost gauge or SCT etc. But I'm pretty confident it's not overboosting. If an engine light comes on when it overboosts then I can be 100% sure as currently there is no engine warning lights.
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/03/15 07:01 AM Posted 05/03/15 07:01 AM Engine light can mean 20 different things. Is the cooler,exhaust ect all stock.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 05/03/15 09:48 AM Posted 05/03/15 09:48 AM there are literally hundreds of causes for the light to come on, overboosting is not one
TheTopGun New Member 22 Member For: 11y 11m 25d Posted 06/03/15 02:47 AM Author Posted 06/03/15 02:47 AM OK thanks for the clarification
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now