Whiteline F&r Swaybar Settings - Fg Sedan

PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Hi boys, girls, men (and women?)....

Got a nice short thread for once....and will probably be /endthread soon enough.

Just wanting to do a small poll or general discussion to see where peeps choose to set their front and/or rear swaybars on their FG falcons. I would prefer info from people who have FG sedans and hopefully mainly daily driving.....but obviously any info will be good to consider ;)

Chucking my whiteline F&R swaybars in next Monday, and just wanted to see what others have chosen to run...through posting with one dude over on AFF; his FGX XR8 is set to 3rd hole front and 2nd hole rear (so pretty stiff) with pedders coilovers I think. I.e. refer pic below

3005hs8.jpg

Mine will be going in with the stock suspension (optioned with FPV suspension from factory) - but has done 120,000kms, so probably pretty much on its way out. So at least now I can see how much difference swaybar only mod will do. Oh...forgot to add I will also install those rear sway bar link pins from an awesome dude named Pat @ Wholesale Suspension ;)

Later on down the track, I will be installing my used bilstein shocks and new SSL/SSSL springs....(maybe SSL if my rims/tyres scrape - cause they are 18x9 +29 so very flush and thanks to the awesome off centre diff/axle; the left side has slightly more poke and I'm thinking at least a guard roll will be needed with the SSSL .... and apparently that's a bit 50/50 in terms of paint cracking during the roll (I'll have to choose someone who has definitely done FG's before).

Anyways....getting a bit off topic in the OP (so clearly off to a great start).....so If you have read this far, congratulations......

Would like to know what setting you're running and suspension setup and whether the ride is bumpy/stiff and whether it is a daily ride/can be liveable in stop/start, peak hour traffic ;)

CHEEEERSSS!!!!!! :VB Beer::highfive2:

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

Run my front max hard and rear soft. Feels better on the street with the rear on the hard setting .

But, at the track the rear is very unstable on hard.

If your only driving on the street put them both on hard.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

Yes. Serious. Sway bars do not affect the ride quality. Your not going to put them on the hard setting and think 'oh that's to hard' they are only loaded up on a corner.

Yeah, The holes closest to the sway bar D bush mounting brackets are the stiff setting.

On the street my opinion from what I have tried is the hard setting all round was best. Just on the track it made the rear very unstable under braking and produced more over steer.

Make sure you do those front endlink nuts up very tight with a good long spanner, there is a lot of load on the front links when coming into a driveway on an angle and it can crack them loose if not done properly.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Thanks for the tips Seaton! Very much appreciated :)

So for the rear....have I got that red dot wrong? The hard setting should be the other hole closer to the yellow bushes?

And Its going to fraud for its service; so they will be doing it and I will make sure to mention that to them! And before anyone goes nuts and says why the fark you taking to ford for service....its cause I have an aftermarket warranty and the condition is I must service with them (or anyone in their AHG dealership network)...and yes its been worthwhile cause claimed diff bushes, new tailshaft, air con components, ancillary belts, pcv valve and on monday 2 sets of front bushes, 1 set rear bushes plus all the labour for all those jobs. Well worth the $1600 I paid for it (still have 3 yrs of claiming to go lol)

Thanks yo!

• Donating Members

Hey Seaton, got a couple questions if you got the time!

1) Did your steering wheel feel heavier after the swaybar install? Its not crazy bad, but feels like a little more effort is needed to turn the steering wheel :/ I've only driven it a little bit since picking it up last night, but I'm already starting to get used to the feel of it lol

2) Did you notice any noises when going over speedhumps or like going down a driveway (I have a small alleyway where the road drops down a 45 degree angle to match up with normal road....if that makes sense?)....and I notice it makes like a brief rattle/clunk/jiggle noise (I assume something to do with the link pins areas) but only if I go a little fast. If I go super slow no noise.

I also had new bushes (front upper control arm & front radius rod to chassis bushes & rear lateral arm lower bushes installed) - but unsure if that would contribute to above questions?

But yeah, other than that I'm pretty happy with the way it takes corners now (and roundabouts)....its not a super duper transformation or anything, but the car feels more solid with less body roll and feels like the tyres are more planted on the road when you exit. So I guess its doing its job!

• Donating Members

grrrr.....WTF hey. I swear this always happens to me.

Just like when I chose the RDA rotors and noticed grinding noises in specific situations; yet others who have used the exact same product don't have any of the same symptoms :(

Maybe I just need a full exhaust so I don't notice these things lol well I guess let me know if you ever do get a similar scenario I.e. slow speedhump clunk

thanks again mate! (I guess this thread could have just been a PM cause apparently we are the only blokes on here with Whiteline swaybars and a FG hahaha).