Clutch Shudder Anyone?

loaded

• Member For: 20y 2m 22d

Hi everyone,

I am a proud new owner of an XR6T which I just picked up yesterday. I am just a bit dissapointed because when I drove away from the dealer I felt a shutter come through the clutch peddal.It only happens on low rev takeoff and particularly in reverse parking situations. The dealer told me that it should settle itself down after a while. Has anyone else had a simmilar problem?

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

Welcome loaded :ta:

Congrats on your new T...Come up, show us the pics....what specs and colour did you get.

Can't say I've noticed any clutch shudder, but then I don't like slow take-offs. :lol:

Note for Ken - you're being a bit slow in noticing the newbie...

Thanks,

Ihave no pics as yet but I can give a description:2004 citric acid manual with premium brakes,premium sound,leather interior with matching stitch,bigger rims 18inch,side airbags etc etc too much too list, 63 grand worth on road. I am tempted to put the boot into it but I will play it safe and run it in first. Maybe one good takeoff will elliminate my clutch problem.

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m

Hi Newbie! Welcome to the nut house! You will have to ignore the Automatic drivers twitch that some of these auto loving automatic pilot driven cars get when someone mentions a clutch or gear stick!!

any how back to the clutch shudder!

I have had 3 BA XR6 manuals and none have had clutch shudder! the dealer is feeding you a line about the shudder going away! In my opnion it will only get worse! I have had a gearbox that wouldn't shift into 3rd from 5th that I was told was normal but it wasn't! and the current car has developed a sticking gear when hot from 3rd today! not good but I would never have an auto!

Having an auto was never an option that I thought twice about.I like to actually drive the car and get a feel for it through the gears.By the way the dealer promised to rectify the clutch shudder by replacing it. I will beleive it when I see it.

• Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 5d

I do notice this "shudder" but only at extreme low revs (almost stalling revs), but give slightly more pedal and no shudder at all.

• Member For: 21y 1m 12d
Having an auto was never an option that I thought twice about.I like to actually drive the car and get a feel for it through the gears.By the way the dealer promised to rectify the clutch shudder by replacing it. I will beleive it when I see it.

Yup. I deserve that, but I'm sure your dealer will look after as clutch shudder from new doesnt seem to be a known issue.

You hit the nail on the head Krash when you say at almost stall revs,that's when it happens mostly.It might just be a matter of getting used to the car cause its only done 100kms so far.that's what happens when you drive a skyline for the past 5 years.

• Member For: 20y 10m 24d
...... 63 grand worth on road......

geez..that's a lot of cash, but given your alias, I suppose it doesnt matter.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the purchase of ya T