Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

jetute> Not to worry, if it doesn't exceed the freeplay now it will by 60,000km so they will have to replace it for you eventually.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
Posted

Fellow XR6t owners with noisy diffs,

I have had my diff replaced and the second diff is making the same noise after 1000km. There must be something we can do about this. Mine makes the 95km whine and the clunks. It is so bloody anoying and I am getting to the point where I dont like driving the car without the stereo blasting so I cant hear the noise.

The problems is inherent in the diff and the problem for Ford wont be solved until they change the diff specified in the vehicles.

Im sick and tired about this and the quality of the mechanical expertise from the dealerships.

Ford sucks for not delivering a refined product and the dealerships cant diagnose and correct the problems. I had major probs with my diff replacement when the lower control arm of the vehicle was not correctly fitted because an apprentice probably worked on my vehicle. Ford should actively monitor the practices and impose standards that must be met for dealerships to be in operation. But like everything, it comes down to the dollar

FORD wont get rid of the whine/clunk problem as it would inevitably cost them money, and

DEALERS employ mostly apprentices to undertake important mechanical duties cause its cheaper.

SHAME FORD SHAME.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
Fellow XR6t owners with noisy diffs,

I have had my diff replaced and the second diff is making the same noise after 1000km. There must be something we can do about this. Mine makes the 95km whine and the clunks. It is so bloody anoying and I am getting to the point where I dont like driving the car without the stereo blasting so I cant hear the noise.

The problems is inherent in the diff and the problem for Ford wont be solved until they change the diff specified in the vehicles.

Im sick and tired about this and the quality of the mechanical expertise from the dealerships.

Ford sucks for not delivering a refined product and the dealerships cant diagnose and correct the problems. I had major probs with my diff replacement when the lower control arm of the vehicle was not correctly fitted because an apprentice probably worked on my vehicle. Ford should actively monitor the practices and impose standards that must be met for dealerships to be in operation. But like everything, it comes down to the dollar

FORD wont get rid of the whine/clunk problem as it would inevitably cost them money, and

DEALERS employ mostly apprentices to undertake important mechanical duties cause its cheaper.

SHAME FORD SHAME.

lets go to the dealers as a group and see what they have to say :thumbsup:

maybe service service will change when there are more people in front of the counter then behind it.... hehe now this would be cool :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...