Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8d
Posted

Finally got my Ute to the track yesterday got 5 runs in total with the hottest one starting at 38 degrees and getting cooler as the night ran on, unfortunately I left my tyre pressure up high and it skated in 3rd and 4th at the top of the track. I managed on the 4th run a best of 12.76 @121Mph, just couldn't get the launch right and kept bogging of the start. My main concern was the strength of my driveshaft and trying not to break it. Something odd on the night was it felt like it was hitting the limiter in 4th gear.

I managed to watch the tacho and it appears only in 4th gear at 5300+ the car started to miss/rev limit. Now I know that rev limit is set to 6200 so its not the limiter its hitting. I am suspect its blowing the spark out, but not sure why it would do it in 4th gear and not the other three unless its load based in which case 190km/h worth of wind might do that. I am going to pull the plugs tonight and see if there is anything built up or if they are burnt etc. I dont think its running out of fuel I have a surge and 2 x 044's and PW fuel rail, just odd I thought it was hitting the limiter when it wasnt. Either way a good experience on the track and might come back again in Feb for another go, either that or take my bike and try and run a 10. I have 3 videos of my first, best and last run taken from my go pro I will post up when I get home.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8d
Posted (edited)

No laughing at the missed shift from 2nd to third.....

Edited by unclewal
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 7d
Posted

Man your car shifts well. Them fg boxes are way better the mine. Also how much power u got or how sh*t are your tyres. Also skid in 2nd

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8d
Posted

The box was a bit clunky into second, always has been.I am making 455kw at the wheels on E85, I had 55psi in the tyres on the first run, forgot to take road pressure out of them.... I didnt want to rip it too hard to get it to skid in second, will give it a shot next time and hope not to stall it, the drive shaft is still stock.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA
Posted

4th at 5300 rpm. Be careful she 's not being starved of fuel.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I have noticed a few manual guys pulling handbrake up .. Is that to stop the car rolling over or do you build revs then release it?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8d
Posted

Shouldn't be starved of fuel I have surge twin pumps and pw rail. Only way to tell would be dyno time I guess. Gonna change the plugs and go from there. The hand brake was so I don't have to screw with brake pedal and not go over the line

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...