barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/11/13 09:15 AM Posted 20/11/13 09:15 AM (edited) Hi allI'm the proud owner of an 08 G6ET which has around 90k on the clock. I've owned it for around 6 months and its been well.....fast. To my knowledge its stock, it is a little louder than other stockers may have a cat back. Lateley it feels a little down on power. On the first start up of the day it just about stalls and the lights dim if u just sorta slap the throttle to give it a little rev and just generally feels rough. This settles down by time I back out my driveway and all seems OK. That's been happening for around 2 months. In the last week or so its failed to squeel through first gear which is basically what's got me feeling its down on power. It still pulls pretty hard just feels a little....doey. Now its probably worth mentioning it did have the turbo replaced by the dealer before I bought it as it started making clunking noises on a test drive....scary.So I have ordered an earls filter kit to be on the safe side incase the "mechanics" at ford didn't replace the filter that probably killed the original turbo. I'm about to give it a good service including fuel filter ect, as I like others feel fords 15k service intervals are BS.What I'm worried about:Tranny milkshake, coolant still nice and green, doesn't feel like its slipping and no shudders so I think I'm good there. Plan on getting it serviced at 100k,oil and exchanger, maybe even just get a cooler, I do flog it a bit :-) I have a boost leak, no pipes blown off, all clamps tight, a section of the fins on the intercooler has coped a rock pretty hard, punched a hole clean through a couple but the air doesn't actually pass through the fins does it? Goes through the sections between the fins I believe?So barring something silly like bad fuel or a blocked fuel filter which will be replaced very soon its all got me a bit worried. Where did my 1st gear squeelies go!?!? Just after some suggestions or maybe somebody has experienced a similar thing?Thanks in advance, long time reader 1st time poster. You've all already given me great advice. :-) Edited 20/11/13 09:18 AM by barnz
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 20/11/13 11:17 AM Posted 20/11/13 11:17 AM Look mate it could be a number of things but a simple fix may be squirting some WD 40 down the boost soliniod?Seems to be a common thing for these turbo fords when there feeling a bit doughy to come on boost.
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 28d Gender: Male Posted 20/11/13 11:48 AM Posted 20/11/13 11:48 AM Or with the warmer weather maybe your tyres are gripping up better, and if they've worn down they can also get a bit more grip before they die... But prob boost solenoid or throttle body needs a clean.
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 3m Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 20/11/13 11:59 AM Posted 20/11/13 11:59 AM (edited) I reckon my G6ET was feeling a little the same. As part of the prep for a custom tune I cleaned the throttle body (thought it was not that dirty) and did solenoid. I found a much snapper response from pedal and seemed power had returned. Edited 20/11/13 12:00 PM by GeGe6
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/11/13 12:48 PM Author Posted 20/11/13 12:48 PM (edited) Hmm I had considered the warmer weather, it was a company vehicle prior to me owning it and service history was kind of poor so solenoid is sounding like it. will check the throttle body while I'm at it. Hopefully this thread ends soon ;-) Thanks for the suggestionsGoing over all of this I feel like I got a lemon, have also done diff bush, temp sensor, rose joints and freaking windscreen washers and 1 is blocked again, must be crap in the lines, bottle is clean :'( Edited 20/11/13 12:52 PM by barnz
Rydeit Member 327 Member For: 14y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide S.A Posted 20/11/13 12:55 PM Posted 20/11/13 12:55 PM +1 for solenoid maintenance. Takes 5 minutes and makes a solid difference if it hasnt been done recently.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now