PH1LLO Member 56 Member For: 14y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE suburbs, Vic Posted 03/09/13 08:38 AM Posted 03/09/13 08:38 AM Hey all I'm Phil. Heres my new boat towing rig!After a lot of hunting around, and tossing up between FG ute and TTG. I Finally picked up my 2009 SY Mk2 Territory Turbo Ghia. My last 3 cars have been Expensive Daewoo V8's so its a bit of a change.In Ego. Pretty much stock.The usual TTG stuff. Bluetooth, Satnav, Leather, Factory DVD, Reverse camera.I am keen to modify it, but in no great rush. I'll do the exhaust debung and K&N Filters first up. Then later on im keen to do Injectors and a tune and a set of 20-22's.Somewhere inbetween all this I want to do a ZF service and replace the factory heat exchanger for some piece of mind.Have enjoyed reading through the endless amount of info that the forum has so far.A few pics.
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 03/09/13 02:22 PM Posted 03/09/13 02:22 PM hey mate welcome..very nice ride buds, I love the territory turbos only wish they made the new ones in petrol turbs aswell... 1
PH1LLO Member 56 Member For: 14y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE suburbs, Vic Posted 04/09/13 03:07 AM Author Posted 04/09/13 03:07 AM Thanks mate. A few questions for anyone that could help. -Do I need to run it on 98 before I've had it tuned? Or will 95 suffice. -I was reading about thermosyphon cooling with the turbo etc, would it be beneficial to let it idle down a minute or so when I get home? -I have factory bluetooth. Works well. Unsure if I can play media through it though? Cheers.
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 04/09/13 07:11 AM Posted 04/09/13 07:11 AM to answer your questions.....#1: you should run your turbo car on 98 all the time,plus there isnt much price difference between the two anyways (if you were worried about price)..lol#2 : it really depends most people run a turbo timer but I wouldnt in these cars,letting it cool down after a thrashing cant hurt it but generally when driving normal you dont have to..(well that's what I do with my cars anyway)# 3 : im really insure about that last one mate but dont think so?
PH1LLO Member 56 Member For: 14y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE suburbs, Vic Posted 04/09/13 12:55 PM Author Posted 04/09/13 12:55 PM Cheers Effsix. Had my first day of driving the car today. Absolute worlds apart from what I'm use to. But I must say it's enjoyable.
PH1LLO Member 56 Member For: 14y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE suburbs, Vic Posted 05/09/13 11:01 AM Author Posted 05/09/13 11:01 AM Not many others here with TT's?Bought a OBD2 Bluetooth Dongle today.
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 05/09/13 02:17 PM Posted 05/09/13 02:17 PM Not many others here with TT's?you would be suprised mate,jump on youtube,type in powercruise.....?( dont know which number) but there's a very impressively quick TT on there and pretty sure his on here aswell?TT's are very different but tuff as nails 4wd's..love 'em
ripped6 Legacy Donating Member 246 Member For: 15y 1m 29d Gender: Male Posted 06/09/13 10:42 AM Posted 06/09/13 10:42 AM fantastic car you have there phil, the turbo territories have so much potential for a 4wd! get it dyno tuned and it will be great fun. best of luck with the modding. Here's a youtube link to an F6x http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrqRNeNWyw
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 08/09/13 10:51 AM Posted 08/09/13 10:51 AM Excellent buy mate TTG a nice car enjoy
PH1LLO Member 56 Member For: 14y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE suburbs, Vic Posted 09/09/13 10:38 AM Author Posted 09/09/13 10:38 AM Thanks for the feedback so far boys.Things are progressing Debunged the exhaust today. For such a simple mod that cost me $3.50 (bit of bar), im very impressed. Noticeable improvement in exhaust note, and it feels slightly more responsive. Will test the fuel economy out over the coming few days.Also booked in for a ZF Service and replace the heat exchanger this week Going back to Ford tomorrow for a leaking front left drive shaft.A Few piccos of the Debung!Jacked upExhaust outThe section RemovedMaking its way outSuccess!!!Phillo!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now