What Upgrade Brakes On G6E Lux Rims?

GeGe6

• Member For: 12y 10m 26d

I have Harrops on mine and the G6E 19s just cleared the fronts(maybe by 3 mm) but the rears needed spacers of around 10mm. I didn't want to go the path of using any spacers so opted for different rims for clearance. I'm lead to believe you would need spacers on the front too with Brembos.

I also think wheel spacers may be illegal here in WA, someone might know for sure if this is true

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 21d

Cheers for the info Wa.

I have read through a lot of your posts about your brake clearence issues with lux 19's.

Just a shame they clash on the rears.

• Member For: 18y 2m 16d

On the street - cant fault them except the pads are dusty as. If I didnt regularly take the car out for a good chop I'd leave the brakes as they are. Another option might be the c5 or c6 caliper I upgrade as found on BA BF non brembo premium brakes. I had these on my old SS with good pads and rotors and they were very good on the street. Not sure of anyone has bolted them onto a FG yet?

• Member For: 12y 10m 26d

Yea I had the PBR upgrade on my commodore, great for street duties. I looked into something similar for my FG, spoke with PBR nothing available as a kit, also called Race Brakes in Sydney and there was a possibility of them doing a kit using the PBR calipers. This was a while back and was dependant on availability from PBR themselves. it's about needing to have custom calliper brackets made $$$$$$$.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 7d

Call me old school, but if your existing pads and rotors are ok - you may be better off putting money into better/stickier tyres, particularly for street use.

For emergency stops, the tyres will determine stop or hit.

• Member For: 10y 9m 12d

How much rear braking do you really need? Surely upgraded fronts with better rear pads and discs would do a more than adequate job even for basic track needs. The standard brake setup I had on my BF Typhoon performed very well even when pressed hard for extended periods...

A 5 mm spacer isn't going to cause any issues, 10mm is starting to get a bit sketchy... And AFAIK spacers/hub adapters are unroadworthy Australia wide - definitely in Victoria.