Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d
Posted

Hey fellas I see there is a lot of guides for xr6 turbos but can't really find anything for the fg f6 I know there fairly similar.

I was looking to try and achieve 350kw's

Intercooler, injectors??, cat? ?, dump pipe??, these are the mods I was thinking not sure on the ones with questition marks sizes or if they need to be replaced to make 350 also valve springs? ?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Start with a full turbo back exhaust and go from there. The place I went to also installed new injectors, fuel pump, and some wastegate modifications, plus a tune. You'll need a tune regardless of what you do, so better to do it all in one hit, then you only pay for a single tune.

Depending on the tune, and how much boost you want to run, you should be able to get around the 350rwkw mark.

Depending on where you go for your modifications, you will be looking at around $5k + including all the parts and labor. so budget well, as from what I understand, some tunes cost around the $1000 mark every time you take it there..again this will be dependant on the arrangement you have with your tuner!

Good luck!

  • Like 1
  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

If the tuner did the mods no way would you pay a grand for tune alone unless there are unrelated car issues

which required an inordinate amount of diagnostic hours

Even then I would not expect to pay that. Market dictates you should pay around $1700+ for Xcal3 and 3 tune slots

eg. Valet.,95 ron and big gun tune.

A tickle for minor upgrades from the same tuner to hardware should still let you go home panties intact

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

If the tuner did the mods no way would you pay a grand for tune alone unless there are unrelated car issues

which required an inordinate amount of diagnostic hours

Yep, that's pretty much what happened to me here in the west (go figure!) There was miscommunication between the tuner and the guy who did the modifications. So the tune was around $1000 for the day, and still had to go back a few times because of boost spiking issues!

Luckily I didnt need to pay for the other times it went back!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Hedland
Posted

Build date will also play a part in it. XFT put up a pic of a tune only fg f6 325kws and I asked is that average or is if it was a bit stronger than others and he reckons average for them if they are after a certain build date. Id be so stoked with that.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d
Posted

I thought you didn't really need to touch the exhaust to much

Build date will also play a part in it. XFT put up a pic of a tune only fg f6 325kws and I asked is that average or is if it was a bit stronger than others and he reckons average for them if they are after a certain build date. Id be so stoked with that.

Really what build date? ? Mines a 2012 I would be stoked with just a tune and hitting 325

Also how much boost can you run through the f6 turbo? ?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Also how much boost can you run through the f6 turbo? ?

I was running 19psi with the factory dump valve, but it was boost spiking quite badly, so it was de-tuned back to 17psi..but I have since replaced the blow-off but have not been back for a tune..can't justify the $1000 for just a gain of only 2psi or more!

When I save up a bit more cash, I'm thinking of replacing the stock cooling system to eliminate the heat soak issue, as recommended by XFT, and I'll have her re-tuned then!!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hi all, that might have been my fg f6 at Xtreme, mine is a 2010 dec euro 4 and stock it put out 285rwkw, and just a tune, and doing some thing to the cat. It put out 325 rwkw, as u can amagin I was wrapped. I have the dyno sheet to prove it. The car has done 40,000kms

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hi fatz I fairly new to the turbo experience. What will E85 do?

Yes Simon from Xtreme was saying the euro 4 were that little bit quicker, he said next mods for me would be intercooler and injectors and I should get at least 350rwkw. I don't understand how other people say to do other things first, like exhaust and cold air, strange !!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...