Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, Queensland
Posted

Are you setting the switch correctly, I dont know what the other boys do but I used to grab the plunger with my teeth and hold the switch in my hand and pull, you will hear a crunching noise when it comes out, then put it back in its hole, before you do the push the brake on and off a few times, you need to be careful you dont move the brake pedal away from the switch plunger as you install as it wont give a correct adjustment for the plunger at the brake off position

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

My xcal 3 is still returning a fault code for 'brake switch ckt'.

My cruise control can now be armed and set when the car is first turned on, but after the first time that I push the brake pedal, the honeymoon is over.

Is there any chance that the arm on the new booster is too long and is allowing the brake pedal to come out further - in turn pushing the plungers in too far and damaging the switch?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I held the brake pedal out when I installed the new switch, then once it was clipped in I released the pedal. It sprung back and made the switch crunch a couple of times.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Whoa!!! When installing a brake switch in an fg or ba/f all you do is push the switch into the hole and twist to locate it... Never ever pull the plunger out or touch the pedal when u locate it or you will damage the switch

Edited by bionicxr6t05
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Well f*ck.

Looks like switch #3 will be the go.

The plunger was sticking out of the switch body too far to just be pushed in and twisted which is why I moved the pedal away to put it in. :(

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Only getting fault codes for the brake switch, not the cruise switch. Should I still replace both?

My question relating to the length of the cabin side push rod of the booster still stands.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...