Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted (edited)

could be starter motor, check the solanoid wire first, check for power when cranking, if theres power give the starter I good wack, not that I recomend doing that, another thing I just remembered, on mine, bf, the earth strap from body to block coroaded causing a no start issue

Edited by Maggotmouse
  • New Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Stephens
Posted (edited)
Is it ticking when it in accessory or in the on position? If its when its on that's normal I think as it'll be the throttle body pulling back to shut.

I know when I turn mine to the on position I hear the fuel pump and a click from my throttle body, so pretty sure it's normal.

Sounds like something is blown though, out of curiosity have you taken the positive off the battery and left it for an hour to reset the Ecu just to see what might happen?

could be starter motor, check the solanoid wire first, check for power when cranking, if theres power give the starter I good wack, not that I recomend doing that, another thing I just remembered, on mine, bf, the earth strap from body to block coroaded causing a no start issue

The clicking goes for 5-10 sec at "on" position,sorry not "acc" and my dash lights flicker with the clicking until it stops. Then it seems ok til I turn the key to ignition and all I get is the starter motor trying to thow out. If it was just the starter motor not cranking I'd say that was the problem, but the throttle body going mental before ignition makes me think the problem is elseware. The earth straps seem fine, not loose or corroded.

Edited by FoMoCoMoFo
  • New Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Stephens
Posted
Checked all the box style fuses too?

Yep, all seem fine.

  • New Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Stephens
Posted

Oh well, I cant figure it out, tow truck to the auto elec it is.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

lucky. last car I connected the battery around the wrong way caught fire! (was 15, datto stanza)

Fortunately for me I was rebuilding it so had a spare shell in the yard. Decided to move shell into garage to loom swap, connected up battery and yet another engine bay fire.

cosconnectedbatterywrongagain.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FoMoCoMoFo" data-cid="1352169" data-time="1358676329"><p>

Yep, all seem fine.</p></blockquote>

Seem fine as in looked at them or did you check continuity with a multimeter?

  • New Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Stephens
Posted
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FoMoCoMoFo" data-cid="1352169" data-time="1358676329"><p>

Yep, all seem fine.</p></blockquote>

Seem fine as in looked at them or did you check continuity with a multimeter?

Visual check against light and swapped starter, ignition etc with the others. So unless they're all f#*kd?! I dunno......Probably should have a go with the multi meters.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted

As j@ said above looking at them won't tell you sh*t unless its a clear break in the centre.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...