NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Posted 09/01/13 12:45 AM Posted 09/01/13 12:45 AM Anybody on the site made their own boost leak detector?I have seen a few online tutorials but they are all American. Would love to see what anyone here has come up with and how effective it was.Would be a cheap and handy tool to own.
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 6d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/13 12:57 AM Posted 09/01/13 12:57 AM Some guy made one with a compressor fitting and a tuna can
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/01/13 01:00 AM Posted 09/01/13 01:00 AM I have a couple made from different diameter ally pipe with an ally sheet cap welded over the end. The sheet has a 1/4npt thread cut into it so I can screw and airline fitting into it. The one I have made up for my car fit's the 3" intake on the stock turbo.
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Posted 09/01/13 01:14 AM Author Posted 09/01/13 01:14 AM I was thinking of making something that I can attach my air compressor to to pressurize the system, I assume that would work without damaging the vehicle?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/01/13 01:19 AM Posted 09/01/13 01:19 AM yup as long as you use a regulator to limit the pressure to just over you desired boost level
trbo 6 Member 230 Member For: 22y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/13 03:29 AM Posted 09/01/13 03:29 AM I used a PVC end cap with a tyre valve placed in the centre. Two hose clamps and a rubber joiner to connect to the front of the turbo. Used a compressor with a tyre gauge to get pressure to just above max boost and worked perfect.
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Posted 09/01/13 03:31 AM Author Posted 09/01/13 03:31 AM Yeah I was thinking of using one of those trigger nozzles so I can pressurize it to the correct level.
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Posted 09/01/13 03:34 AM Author Posted 09/01/13 03:34 AM trbo 6 - got any pics of how it looks?
trbo 6 Member 230 Member For: 22y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/13 03:41 AM Posted 09/01/13 03:41 AM I'll take a photo when I get home from work.
trbo 6 Member 230 Member For: 22y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/13 03:50 AM Posted 09/01/13 03:50 AM Actually just found this online. It's very similar to this:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now