Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 21d Gender: Male Posted 27/12/12 10:35 AM Posted 27/12/12 10:35 AM Hi guys, Just recently I have been looking into changing my rotors out for DBA 5000 street series and was out measuring my rotors and found they are:- Front - 320mm diameter Rear - 310mm diameterThe calipers have PBR written on them, and from a little research I believe stock rotors are meant to be 298mm? Might be a stupid question but are these upgraded brakes, or do these cars come standard with PBR calipers + this size rotor.Also the calipers are silver not black or red.Cheers John.Might be a good idea to take a couple of pics to clarify what I'm talking about.
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 21d Gender: Male Posted 27/12/12 11:06 AM Author Posted 27/12/12 11:06 AM Pic as promised. Surely these arnt upgraded but may aswell double check before I go and buy new rotors.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 27/12/12 11:20 AM Posted 27/12/12 11:20 AM I think rear premium brakes (pbr) are 328mm? actually bigger than the front but not vented...
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 21d Gender: Male Posted 27/12/12 11:36 AM Author Posted 27/12/12 11:36 AM (edited) Wow bigger than front?What has got me stumped is that my sizes are different to everywhere I look. I will try and measure again tomorrow because I want to go and see about new front rotors from supercheap, since they got a sale on $120 for dba slotted rotors (I think they are 5000series). Also the car is a BF if it helps, maybe they went to bigger size from ba to bf? Edited 27/12/12 11:37 AM by Falky100 1
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 21d Gender: Male Posted 27/12/12 11:50 AM Author Posted 27/12/12 11:50 AM (edited) http://autospeed.com/cms/title_BA-Brake-Upgrade/A_2702/article.htmlJust found this. It was quite a help. Again, I will double check the sizes tomorrow. From all the pics I am seeing of pbr upgraded brakes, they look nothing like mine. My rotors are not slotted, my calipers arnt red, and my front rotor thickness measures about 28mm (unless I am worn down to an illegal limit :/) Edited 27/12/12 11:50 AM by Falky100
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/12/12 12:28 PM Posted 27/12/12 12:28 PM You have standard bf brakes,with non territory rears. 1
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 27/12/12 09:13 PM Posted 27/12/12 09:13 PM The pbr upgrade brake rotor is 325mm x 32mm thick. You have std BF turbo brakes which are 322mm x 28mm and are not interchangable with the upgrade calipers. 2
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 21d Gender: Male Posted 27/12/12 09:51 PM Author Posted 27/12/12 09:51 PM Ok. Cheers guys, so am I able to go into supercheap and say give me a rotor 320x28mm? Or am I able to go to 320x30?
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 27/12/12 10:31 PM Posted 27/12/12 10:31 PM No you go in and ask for rotors to suit std bf turbo , slotted or not up is up to you but it will be 322mmx28mm because that is what size they are.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 27/12/12 11:16 PM Posted 27/12/12 11:16 PM or you buy a premium brake upgrade. I think there was a set for sale on ebay for 1k...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now