lambda09a New Member 14 Member For: 14y 10d Posted 09/12/12 01:25 AM Posted 09/12/12 01:25 AM Hi,I have a 2004 XR6T Falcon and it goes great except one issue I have noticed. When I am boosting around town (ie: up to 80kph in first and second gear) the car seems to boost smoothly and really throws me back into the seat. However when I'm on the open road and boost in third gear to get up to 100 - 140 I will often get a sudden power cut-out. The way to describe it would be similar to the Traction Control kicking in and limiting the engine. However I have been trying this with traction control disabled and it still does it. I am now thinking it may be something to do with a lack of fuel during these high demand longer boosts. Any suggestions on where to look or personal experience?Cheers
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/12/12 02:02 AM Posted 09/12/12 02:02 AM coils and spark plugscheers
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 09/12/12 08:29 AM Posted 09/12/12 08:29 AM I hope it isn't fuel surge with your username.
F6Fury Member 135 Member For: 13y 10m 8d Posted 09/12/12 08:57 AM Posted 09/12/12 08:57 AM Try gapping your plugs to .8mm and see how that goes
TheOne Member 80 Member For: 14y 9m 14d Gender: Male Posted 09/12/12 11:56 AM Posted 09/12/12 11:56 AM When my did this it was valve springs, the higher the gear the more load on the motor. plus its a BA its due for new ones. Try plugs and coils, but budget for valve spring.
lambda09a New Member 14 Member For: 14y 10d Posted 11/12/12 10:56 PM Author Posted 11/12/12 10:56 PM Thanks for all the replies. I'm hoping it's not the valve springs though as that sounds expensive.
supercharged88 Member 153 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far Nth QLD. Posted 12/12/12 08:10 PM Posted 12/12/12 08:10 PM What boost do you see in the higher gears.More load from higher gear will create more boost, possibly hitting boost cut.
Maggotmouse Legacy Donating Member 200 Member For: 15y 24d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 13/12/12 11:10 AM Posted 13/12/12 11:10 AM I have a 4in dump and 3.5in the rest of the way through, as soon as I boost 3rd and boost hard, bang there goes boost cut, so too stop this I called kev and process west and ordered stage 2.3 kit and pw surge tank and am about to take it in for a tune. 6 grand later with myself doing all the fitting isnt too bad of a cost I thought
lambda09a New Member 14 Member For: 14y 10d Posted 21/12/12 08:10 AM Author Posted 21/12/12 08:10 AM I'm not sure what boost I'm getting as I dont have a boost gauge, but it seems to feel the same as when boosting in second. I dont think I could justify spending 6k to get the issue sorted at this stage Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now