Turbo Leaking Oil

Guest Pippie81

• Banned
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

get ford to stamp your book for the 15k, and buy a gen filter then take it to a different dealer and start fresh.

my turbo leaks oil, not as much as this but more than I would like. it has been in 4 times under warrenty and all they do is tighten clamps. I then replaced the oil return line gasket and that stoped alot of the oil leak but not all, the rest comes from the main gasket thingo. I gave up on getting them to fix it and got them to do the timing cover and cylender head oil leaks instead.

cheers, andy

• Member For: 17y 3d

Most of the OIL in the Intake System to the Turbo comes from the Breather Pipe from the top of the Rocker-Cover to the Intake System...

My Car. 2005 BA MKII Turbo 61000 Km.

The Problem with the System is this...

Hot Oil Fumes get sucked in to the Cold Air Inlet Stream where it cools down again in to Oil.

You can see what I did to stop OIL Fumes going in to the Air-Inlet System.

My Turbo System is Bone Dry. :)

post-11695-0-29602700-1352937523_thumb.j

post-11695-0-46653700-1352937547_thumb.j

Guest Pippie81
  • Guests

Is this provided to dealerships direct from ford? Once I have heard from them I will be asking them to place it all in writing so I know exactly why they are wanting to replace the turbo!

Guest Pippie81
  • Guests

Called the dealer today after not hearing from them yesterday. Turns out they didn't do any tests on the Turbo and have just assumed given the oil leak that the Turbo is stuffed!!!???

They keep on about the supposed modifications to the car, including the K & N air filter which I argued with them about as from discussions with a number of parts providers I cant understand how they can insist that I utilise Ford parts, just as they can't insist on servicing the vehicle at the dealership?

After getting no where they advised that they would require the car for 2 days to fully check it and confirm their belief regarding modifications.

Decided to call the dealer who serviced the car since new, who has been nothing but helpful. He does not believe that the car has been modified, thinks that there is another alternative to replacing the turbo and if the turbo does need to be replaced happy to recommend the replacement under warranty to the assesor from Ford.

Can anyone else advise if they have had any issues with "after-market" ie not "Genuine" Ford parts in their cars? Down to something as simple as the air filter?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d

hi mate.

firstly is the turbo is stuffed I really dont think they will be able to get out of a claim whith having a k&n, k&n says that the filter will not void warranty and they normally just reject you the first time hoping you will fold.

someone snapped their tailshaft and were told it wouldnt be replaced becasue of f6 intercooler on a xr6 turbo. then when he argued it they gave in straight away.

Also I think that instead of getting the turbo rebuilt for 2.5k there are literally dozens of fg stock turbos floating around for heaps cheaper than that and probably ones with less k's than yours as well. a lot of people upgrade them straight away and almost give the stock one away.

but I hope in the end your turbo is fine and its just some pissy little thing making it leak

good luck

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 1d

1. Your turbo is not leaking

2. If you have modified your car in any way ford have the right to revoke your warranty. But they will not have an issue with just a k&n filter, it is NOT the place of the dealer to reject a warranty claim it is up to ford.

The prior approval process for engine oil leaks is not needed in this case as the engine is not leaking it is the cooler/intake piping not sealing correctly therefor they have no reason not to cover this under warranty providing correct service history.

Stop talking to them on the phone, take the car in and ask them to please fix it.

• Like 1