dezzaxr6t Legacy Donating Member 86 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 01/10/12 05:32 AM Posted 01/10/12 05:32 AM Hi guys, I'm after some help, I don't have any boost at all and have checked all pipes and all good, so I have taken my pod filter hose off the Turbo and started the engine and the compressor wheel is not spinning? And not ant spin freely when the engine is off either? Any ideas? I have recently installed a earls oil filter line, would this stop it from boosting?Thanks Derek
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/10/12 05:35 AM Posted 01/10/12 05:35 AM She dead. Budget for a turbo rebuild.
dezzaxr6t Legacy Donating Member 86 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 01/10/12 05:51 AM Author Posted 01/10/12 05:51 AM Really........Bugga. So I'm guessing it should spin freely then.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/10/12 06:01 AM Posted 01/10/12 06:01 AM Yup, Unless the compressor or turbine housing has alignment has been disturbed I'd say you have a bearing issue. Remove the feed line to the turbo and place it in a container and run. You should see a steady stream of oil. Did you remove the factory screen when you installed the external unit?
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 01/10/12 06:02 AM Posted 01/10/12 06:02 AM yep, like a fan in your house
dezzaxr6t Legacy Donating Member 86 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 01/10/12 06:08 AM Author Posted 01/10/12 06:08 AM I'll give that a go to see if its getting oil, yeah I removed the old screen when I installed the earls kit. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/10/12 06:24 AM Posted 01/10/12 06:24 AM Unless the compressor or turbine housing has alignment has been disturbedMe fail English, that's unpossible.... 1
dezzaxr6t Legacy Donating Member 86 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 01/10/12 06:27 AM Author Posted 01/10/12 06:27 AM Well good news is there is a steady steam of oil but the strange thing is, with the oil line removed from the turbo, I was able to spin the compressor wheel but using a bit of force still not spinning freely. Where it would not move with the oil line in. Could I have had it to tight? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 01/10/12 08:19 AM Posted 01/10/12 08:19 AM Oil line will have no effect on the compressor wheel spinning. Any marks on the inside of the inlet? Sounds like a fkd bearing and a rebuild is needed
dezzaxr6t Legacy Donating Member 86 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 01/10/12 08:37 AM Author Posted 01/10/12 08:37 AM Ok. There are no marks that I can see? But yeah I guess I'll fork out for it to be fixed. I haven't driven the car for about 10-12 months only start it once in a while, do you think it's because I don't drive it the turbo bearings are f%#ked? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now