tobymacca Member 18 Member For: 14y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/09/12 10:15 AM Posted 10/09/12 10:15 AM Does anyone have a fig turbo ute? Mine is a 50th anniversary and I've noticed the bolts on the tailgate rusting. I've heard its covered under warranty...anyone else had this problem?
UWNTM3 Member 78 Member For: 14y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Bathurst NSW Posted 11/09/12 08:32 AM Posted 11/09/12 08:32 AM Go to your local bolt shop and buy some stainless steal bolts and replace themWill cost under $10 and will look fancy too!
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/09/12 11:46 AM Posted 11/09/12 11:46 AM yes a common problemyes its covered under warranty.its a pita cause it needs to be assessed, then a quote given to ford, then blah blah and eventually it gets fixed.a bit of dicking around for such a small job.
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 11/09/12 11:53 AM Posted 11/09/12 11:53 AM I removed my tub and found rust just behind the cab where the old tub attached. I bought it new and took it to them after 2 months when I did it they said putting a tray on it made it do that hahah f*ckers
smithy_191 Member 7 Member For: 16y 4m 7d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/12 07:43 AM Posted 01/10/12 07:43 AM yeah I have the same problem, iv been told by my dealer it will be fixed but the panel beater hasnt called me back with a day he can do it. been about 4 or 5 weeks now
tobymacca Member 18 Member For: 14y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/10/12 08:49 AM Author Posted 01/10/12 08:49 AM im getting mine done on wednesday...take it to a ford dealership and they order the parts and paint them, then need half a day to put them on. booya
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now