08 Fg Turbo Stalls After Filling With Fuel

was270

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 1d

As I said in the other post, iv had a pcm cause this issue, if I were you I would disconnect the purge solenoid line at the manifold and block the manifold side, fill the car and see if it still happens. The purge solenoid is located near the passenger strut tower close to the firewall, its feed line runs next to the main fuel lines, its a little black box with lines either end and a two pin electrical connector. The one I had also had no fault codes and in the end we bench tested it and confirmed the pcm was holding the purge solenoid open at all times which, when filling up, will fill the manifold with vapour and cause start/stall rough running on initial startup after a fill but be fine evey other time. This is my experience hope it helps.

• Member For: 11y 7m 30d

Thanks bionic. Ill give it a go on the weekend. It didnt happen when I filled up this morning but it did overflow even after cutting out on the first click of the bowser. Homuch is a replacement PCM likely to cost me?? Is there no way of rectifying whislt getting a tune??

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 4m 5d

Holy sh*t, my fg has a pretty similar problem I've been trying to chase down for a little while now, idles rough and stalls every now and again, and yeah normally after fueling, bowser at petrol station takes a million attempts to get filling the tank, I'll test the purge solarnoid tomorrow n see what the deal is, might just bite the bullet and replace it, $100 is nothin

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...