Industry07 Member 30 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 10/08/12 10:38 PM Posted 10/08/12 10:38 PM Hi Guys,Just after some advise, I have a ba turbo ute and had replaced the turbo recently but because I havnt put the foot down for so long I have only just noticed something happening to the engine when I put my foot down,At half way everything does what it was ment to do but when I put it to the floor it feels like a cylinder drops out,It's only doing it at high boost,Can anyone give me an idea to what it is?Thanks
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 10/08/12 10:44 PM Posted 10/08/12 10:44 PM Could be spark blowing out,check plugs and coils mate.
Industry07 Member 30 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 10/08/12 10:54 PM Author Posted 10/08/12 10:54 PM I have replaced spark plugs but not coils,,If it was coils wouldnt it happen all the time not just at full boost?
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 10/08/12 11:11 PM Posted 10/08/12 11:11 PM only on boost mate.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 10/08/12 11:51 PM Posted 10/08/12 11:51 PM Coils typically fail under load. Also if you actually want advise from some of the more experienced members you need to give more info about the vehicle.
Industry07 Member 30 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 11/08/12 01:45 AM Author Posted 11/08/12 01:45 AM Will it make a difference if I go genuine or not,,, (coil pack)Running stock,
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 11/08/12 01:47 AM Posted 11/08/12 01:47 AM genuine for performance and longetivity.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 11/08/12 02:16 AM Posted 11/08/12 02:16 AM Non genuine you will have headaches forever with coils failing, by the time you get a complete good set you will regret not buying genuine, weapon x, vdo, repco doesnt matter, they are all sh*t
Industry07 Member 30 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 11/08/12 04:41 AM Author Posted 11/08/12 04:41 AM Is there a way to tell what pack is failing?Or should I just get a complete set,
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 11/08/12 04:46 AM Posted 11/08/12 04:46 AM Yes if you have a COP tester or wana take it to ford for a power balance test, but generally if ones gone the others arent far, get a full set
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now