ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 01/08/12 08:24 AM Posted 01/08/12 08:24 AM guys,I have searched the forums for a while now about idle issues but couldn't find anything like my problem. Car is a BA XR6T 6SP manual, drives perfectly until I need to slow down to a stop. I put my foot on the clutch at about 1500RPM and roll to a stop. When I do this the RPM lifts to about 2000rpm and wont usually drop to normal idle until I have come to a complete stop for 5 seconds or so. Once it reaches normal idle it stays there.I remember having this issue about 4 years ago and it fixed it self, has now just started doing it again.Any ideas?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 01/08/12 09:57 AM Posted 01/08/12 09:57 AM try cleaning your throttle body, check for vacuum leaks, check the o2 sensor
ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 01/08/12 11:56 PM Author Posted 01/08/12 11:56 PM I cleaned the throttle body about a month ago, ill check the other stuff out on the weekend.Cheers
ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 04/08/12 09:18 AM Author Posted 04/08/12 09:18 AM Ok I clearly have a vacuum leak at the intake manifold gasket, tracked it down with a bit of hose to isolate the sound. Its leaking on the first cylinder, whats people experience changing this their self?I have no problem doing it but does the manifold usually need shaving or is that uncommon?
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 14d Posted 04/08/12 10:11 AM Posted 04/08/12 10:11 AM Cyl 1 is very common!Pretty straight forward to do yourself. Shouldn't require any skimming. Make sure you do the bolts back up to proper torque setting.
ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 04/08/12 10:16 AM Author Posted 04/08/12 10:16 AM Yea looks fairly simple, how much gaskets usually cost? Ford quoted my old man about $500 to get his fixed a month or so ago.
ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 10/08/12 01:31 AM Author Posted 10/08/12 01:31 AM Fitted a new intake manifold gasket, car idles perfectly again. 1
XXXRTURBO Legacy Donating Member 1,168 Member For: 19y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/08/12 12:07 PM Posted 11/08/12 12:07 PM I got the same issue at the moment with my fg runs all good but when I come to slowing down and stoping it idles like sh*t sounds like the cars camed
james3024 Member 61 Member For: 16y 2d Posted 11/08/12 11:07 PM Posted 11/08/12 11:07 PM Check your coolant maybe milkshake I've heard they idle weird when milkshaked xxxrturbo
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 13d Gender: Not Telling Posted 11/08/12 11:14 PM Posted 11/08/12 11:14 PM Anyone know the inlet manifold torque settings.Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now