Cam Member 397 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Location: Brisbane Posted 03/02/03 03:26 AM Posted 03/02/03 03:26 AM I have been using Optimax (PULP) since my current car was new.The specs for the XR6T show as ULP/PULP and I was wondering what everybody is using?And has anyone actually tried both and noticed any difference??
Guest nfhotston Guests Posted 03/02/03 03:40 AM Posted 03/02/03 03:40 AM Cam, have just come back from a trip to the coast and back, 2054 kms all up. Had to do two fills with ULP, the rest with PULP from BP. Did notice only slight difference with engine tone/note. Didn't have much to go on with performance as yet because 1500kms of the trip was running the engine in. (Boy was that boring 10km at 100, 1km at 60 etc.)
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 11d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 03/02/03 03:51 AM Posted 03/02/03 03:51 AM Ok I only use pulp. and I only use pulp from either shell or mobil. the rest is not as good. the octain in most other brand is 94 ron but when us use either mobil synergy or shell optimax your getting 98 ron
Guest nfhotston Guests Posted 03/02/03 03:59 AM Posted 03/02/03 03:59 AM That's good if you can get them, but out here in Cobar, the only one who even has PULP is BP. And then they only open Mon-Sat 9-5. Next PULP station is 300kms away. I'm only now worried about the ethenol content.
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 03/02/03 04:48 AM Posted 03/02/03 04:48 AM I only use Synergy 8000 or BP Ultimate in my car.I wont use Optimax, as I lose a lot of power, and get bad fuel economy (6rwkw loss)I dont use Caltex vortex, because it cost a lot of money to fix the car after running 1 tank of it. (new fuel pump, filter, injector's cleaned, timing redone, computer reprogrammed, and tank cleaned out)
Guest cralli Guests Posted 03/02/03 10:46 AM Posted 03/02/03 10:46 AM Personally I use Caltex Vortex mainly, it's a lease car and I have a Caltex Fuel Card (also have Mobil card) so not a lot of choice. :lol:
CDAA WASP GT Member 138 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 03/02/03 11:01 AM Posted 03/02/03 11:01 AM Well if you were after advise in this thread you will leave totally confused!! :lol: I get bad results from Shell and good results from Mobil & BP.
Guest LionHeart Guests Posted 03/02/03 11:10 AM Posted 03/02/03 11:10 AM I use nothing but Optimax...And it has nothing to do with the fact that Shell is a Client of the company I work for.. So is Ford for that matter.....Love the performance of Optimax, if it can make a Ferrari drive on water like it does on the commercial then hell its good enough for my Turbo
Guest Guests Posted 03/02/03 08:58 PM Posted 03/02/03 08:58 PM xr8chic can u elaborate on your misfourtunes with Caltex vortex
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Location: Sydney Posted 03/02/03 09:46 PM Posted 03/02/03 09:46 PM Personally I find Mobil 8000 the best... I don't know about fuel economy, never found a lot of difference, but I have noticed difference in bottom end response, but not to much in top end... that's just my experience, I hope it helps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now