JBFG Member 19 Member For: 15y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 10/07/12 09:27 AM Posted 10/07/12 09:27 AM hey all, just want to know if anyone else out there has had to replace their diff/did you replace it with a factory diff or an aftermarket. (ive herd the factory diffs are weak as piss) Cheers.
J0sh Legacy Donating Member 239 Member For: 17y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Pertthh W.A Posted 10/07/12 02:52 PM Posted 10/07/12 02:52 PM I wouldnt say they are weak as piss. I have done over 30 passes at the drags with more then half being in the 10s and the standard diff is still going strong with 60k kms, ute is lowered also. 1
JBFG Member 19 Member For: 15y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 10/07/12 07:38 PM Author Posted 10/07/12 07:38 PM Oh really! That's Awsome! Thanks for the info mate.
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 12d Posted 11/07/12 07:35 AM Posted 11/07/12 07:35 AM mine as done 1 dif and 1 center bearing, both under warr. and no its not lowered and no I dont race... I guess its just the luck of the draw..
neotim Member 276 Member For: 15y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 11/07/12 12:03 PM Posted 11/07/12 12:03 PM It's all luck mate, I have had none with mine.. Gone through 3 bent rear axles and the car hasn't even hit 20,000km.. I get a ton of axle tramp though that's why I'm bending so many.. 1
repcomech88 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 13y 3m 11d Posted 19/06/13 07:55 AM Posted 19/06/13 07:55 AM Hey Neotim, Where did u get hold of your replacement axles? did u have to go genuine??
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 10d Posted 19/06/13 08:48 AM Posted 19/06/13 08:48 AM I am going truetrac centre cause mine keeps open wheeling and I am sick of it, I am hoping I dont have bent axles either cause that will delay me getting it back on the road and also burden the purse strings.
southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 20/06/13 02:03 AM Posted 20/06/13 02:03 AM (edited) The standard diffs are fine. my Ute's diff loves the abuse haha. now and then it'll open up so I just slam up a gear and it'll lock again. Although in saying that, my centre bearing is Fuaarkked... the Herrod heavy duty tail shaft wasn't balanced correctly and it's caused all kinds of issues now Edited 20/06/13 02:04 AM by southside
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 10d Posted 20/06/13 02:19 AM Posted 20/06/13 02:19 AM I got quoted $1880 from Herrod for a new shaft, after reading your above post there will be no way I will be getting them to provide me one. Mine opens and closes like a barn door that diff centre, my truetrac arrived in the post today, next week will be skids ahjoy !
southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 20/06/13 02:28 AM Posted 20/06/13 02:28 AM I'm not initially blaming Herrod, I just don't think it was balanced correctly when installed as well. so two faults are to blame here
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now