Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/12 03:19 AM Posted 03/07/12 03:19 AM For what you pay Achilles are a great tyre, lot people using them now.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 03/07/12 03:24 AM Author Posted 03/07/12 03:24 AM So just need to confirm max size I can put on rear. If Achilles are good bang for buck then I think I'll give them a shot. Really not very expensive so if they don't work out I'll save for something more worth while, if they do, I've saved a fair few dorras
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/12 03:51 AM Posted 03/07/12 03:51 AM If a 244 fits on my standard 17's with no issues then I'm guessing a 265 would be fine on an 8.5" rim but it might be a different story if the car is slammed.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 03/07/12 03:56 AM Author Posted 03/07/12 03:56 AM Isn't as of yet, thinking of dropping it but don't want to go too low since last time I had extreme XA coilovers all around and it was too low. Cost me too much and scraped on everything although I did like its ride height. Also busted the trans sump which ended up costing me a grand to fix with "genuine ZF oil" (didn't get a choice they just used that) and an aftermarket steel pan+labour lol.Probably go SSL's all around if that's viable, or if need be the SSSL/SSL combo. Depends if I need to upgrade other parts too, cos if it's too much I prob wont even lower it. (saving for other stuff atm)
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/12 04:18 AM Posted 03/07/12 04:18 AM I've got the sssl/ssl combo and it's fine. If you like your car to handle even remotely half decent then I suggest you change the shocks too. I just put Monroe gas in mine. Was about $700 for springs and shocks 1
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 03/07/12 04:20 AM Author Posted 03/07/12 04:20 AM Installed?
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/12 04:27 AM Posted 03/07/12 04:27 AM Nah I did it myself.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 03/07/12 08:57 AM Posted 03/07/12 08:57 AM If your worried about going to wide a tyre but want grip maybe stick to a 245/35r19 Nitto Invo (probably get better grip than an achilles 255 or 265). But don't hold me to it, that's just what I read on here. And as for the Nitto's you can get a pretty good deal through Taleb because they're a sponsor. As for the achilles go through these guys, great price and really quick postage!! http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=279_274&products_id=2413
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/12 09:24 PM Posted 03/07/12 09:24 PM You're correct on the whole Invo thing Bellato but they are a lot more expensive.Also, the Achilles are a lot cheaper on ebay.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/07/12 11:19 PM Posted 03/07/12 11:19 PM Get achillies front and nitto rear...Contact Jarrard at the wheel deal... He will look after you...www.thewheeldeal.com.au
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now