peeeches New Member 9 Member For: 14y 9m 19d Posted 01/06/12 10:02 AM Posted 01/06/12 10:02 AM hey guys I have recently purchased a Plazmaman surge tank and loom and have followed the instructions but I cannot get the pump working :(I know there have been a few topics on which wire to trigger from and they all say the small pink one. but my small pink one isn't triggering the relay it gives 0 volts under all situations so just wondering if anyone has had any dramas with their install. the instructions also don't have this wire pictured...I have also checked the fatter pink one with the multimeter and this doesn't seem like an optioncheers
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 01/06/12 10:08 AM Posted 01/06/12 10:08 AM Its the big pink one
peeeches New Member 9 Member For: 14y 9m 19d Posted 01/06/12 10:12 AM Author Posted 01/06/12 10:12 AM right thanks mate ill go try it out
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 24d Posted 01/06/12 11:30 AM Posted 01/06/12 11:30 AM Yep big fat one, was in towards the middle of my loom.
peeeches New Member 9 Member For: 14y 9m 19d Posted 01/06/12 11:35 AM Author Posted 01/06/12 11:35 AM thanks again guys got it all working cheers
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 01/06/12 11:52 AM Posted 01/06/12 11:52 AM I removed my fuse box and wired it in below the relay as the instructions say to do. I wonder why they don't just say to splice into the big pink wire in the harness coming out of the fuse box. I would've done it that way but had no confirmation that that was the right wire so pulled the fuse panel out anyway
peeeches New Member 9 Member For: 14y 9m 19d Posted 01/06/12 12:11 PM Author Posted 01/06/12 12:11 PM the instructions I got said locate the thin pink wire and strip some off and join with the relay not exact wording
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 24d Posted 01/06/12 12:16 PM Posted 01/06/12 12:16 PM the instructions I got said locate the thin pink wire and strip some off and join with the relay not exact wordingthat's what mine said too, I should have tested it first...
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 3d Posted 01/06/12 12:50 PM Posted 01/06/12 12:50 PM So if you have an accident,your surge tank pump keeps pumping?? When I did mine I tapped my relay trigger wire into the factory fuel pump power supply, after the inertia switch. This way if I have a bingle or someone hits me hard enough,the inertia switch will cut factory pump and surge tank pump. If not this way,I would say if you have a stack,your surge tank will keep pumping till it empties 1.8ltrs of fuel all over the place,if a line splits etc.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 01/06/12 01:15 PM Posted 01/06/12 01:15 PM And add spark....would make it an interesting one. Then you remember about this thread and sh*t bricks trying to get out of the car a-fukkin-sap. Hahaha
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now