unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 14d Posted 17/05/12 07:46 AM Posted 17/05/12 07:46 AM Malwood makes a tramp kit but I heard of a guy that got them put them in and still had tramp dramas, they were pretty expensive too, If this doesnt fix my issue I am getting Caltracks
fpv_ute Member 67 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: collaroy Posted 28/05/12 01:57 PM Posted 28/05/12 01:57 PM I had a 20mm rear sway bar added in the rear and this pretty much stopped all axle tramp, that's with reset leafs too not new lowered leafs Where did you get the sway bar from? I get major axle tramp even before I started modding mine, My center bearing went after 5000ks on a brand new f6 manual ute and ford didnt want a thing to do with it.
JET-270 Legacy Donating Member 153 Member For: 15y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 18/06/12 09:07 AM Posted 18/06/12 09:07 AM Hi mate got the sway bar from pedders who installed it..its a whiteline item, there is no FG listing so it was a BA/BF rear sway..little bit of modding the exhaust hangers to fit but worth it. 1
UEB302 Member 27 Member For: 14y 5m 27d Posted 18/06/12 09:59 AM Posted 18/06/12 09:59 AM Yeah my stock turbo ute does it from new also,its done less than 1000km and when you accelerate in first gear it gets axle tramp,also in the wet when it loses traction.Id be interested to find out a warranty safe fix that will stop the tramp.I dont thrash it by any means being new but id like to be able to accelerate without the tyres bouncing through the wellbody and enjoy the 270 kw ford gave my ute.
neotim Member 276 Member For: 15y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 07/07/12 10:59 AM Author Posted 07/07/12 10:59 AM Pat has given me some ideas of what we can do to resolve the tramp. Not a fan of the Caltracks purely because it may make the ride pretty harsh in the car. Going an alternate option with new shocks/saddles/bushes. If I can book in with Pat shortly I should have a firmer idea of what will and wont fix this issue. Hoping this solution fixes it. Will post back once I know where its at.Have recently gone with superpro bushes in the saddles, rear shackles and front eyes and can say that it did not do much for the tramp. Still does it just as bad as before. Considering doing what 4.0T did and going with whiteline sway bars in the rear as not many utes have these but from his experience it seemed to cure all the tramp that his ute had. Will also eventually do the shocks, but have heard that this won't make much difference to the tramp issue. If all else fails I will resort to the Mal Wood Tramp Kit
Justa6 Member 214 Member For: 17y 4m 14d Posted 07/07/12 11:26 AM Posted 07/07/12 11:26 AM shocks can make a massive difference to tramp. it can be a bit hit and miss though trying to find the right setup. one thing's for sure, tramp rods/caltracks will stop it completely. I made mine fairly cheaply and can launch it, full noise on concrete with out one bit of tramp. Mcdonalds brothers also do a set $650. 1
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Posted 09/07/12 11:15 AM Posted 09/07/12 11:15 AM well I have the herrod spring and what ever they are they work I have never had tramp apart from ones at the drags and neotim u need to delete sum pm as I tryed to pm u about your spacer and gaurd rolling -_- 1
neotim Member 276 Member For: 15y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/07/12 01:25 PM Author Posted 09/07/12 01:25 PM well I have the herrod spring and what ever they are they work I have never had tramp apart from ones at the drags and neotim u need to delete sum pm as I tryed to pm u about your spacer and gaurd rolling -_-Try now Wilba!
qwert Member 68 Member For: 14y 8m 15d Gender: Male Posted 14/09/14 02:25 AM Posted 14/09/14 02:25 AM 9 " with 31 spline Axels.Caltracs from race car engineering at slacks creek in Logan.OR a2 or 4 link set up 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now