freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y Gender: Male Posted 02/05/12 04:03 AM Posted 02/05/12 04:03 AM 20 psi for 320 is still massive.. Guys making that with 12-15 psi
WhiteXR Member 117 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 04:07 AM Author Posted 02/05/12 04:07 AM 20 psi for 320 is still massive.. Guys making that with 12-15 psi that's what I mean, even that I have a 2800 stallie the boost sould never be that high.
stee3 Member 194 Member For: 15y 3m 3d Posted 02/05/12 04:07 AM Posted 02/05/12 04:07 AM Did dynowog tune it? You need a new tuner mate..
WhiteXR Member 117 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 04:09 AM Author Posted 02/05/12 04:09 AM Did dynowog tune it? You need a new tuner mate.. Na mate not dynowog, but your 100 percent right on me needing a new tuner,
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 02/05/12 04:13 AM Posted 02/05/12 04:13 AM 295 sould be at 10-13 psi.
daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 02/05/12 05:41 AM Posted 02/05/12 05:41 AM Not always every motor is different some motors are older than others and get tired and struggle to make power unlike newer motors that's why older motors with more k's need more boost to make power but very unstable and can go BOOM lol
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 02/05/12 06:09 AM Posted 02/05/12 06:09 AM Depends on the timing but yeah you don't usually want to stress an old engine with too much timing advance.
188ite Member 18 Member For: 14y 11m 17d Posted 02/05/12 11:30 AM Posted 02/05/12 11:30 AM Hey Whitexr,I've been having similar problems, taken my car to a different tuner, he ran it on the dyno a couple of times only making 250rwkw with similar mods to yours at 15psi, found out it was my new high flow cat sh*t the bed, it was running hot while not even on boost, you would pull over after driving on the highway for 10 minutes not on boost, pop the bonnet and the intercooler piping was HOT! Now that I've changed the cat, temps have gone back to normal, and the tuner I took it to told me if it was the cat causing the problem, after getting it fixed it would boost spike more than what we set the boost at. He set it to 10psi to be safe, now the cat has been changed it wants to spike above that so I'm just waiting to get it retuned and it should have the problem solved.Just you saying the the high temps under normal driving, that was my problem too, and I even had a cooler temp thermostat than stock.
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 24d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 02/05/12 12:11 PM Posted 02/05/12 12:11 PM (edited) My tuner of my old ba used a 71 degree thermostat as well and mine while cruising was at a 1/4 but in traffic went to just under half way like it did with the stock thermostat sounds the same as yours white xr but mine didnt break down at wot. Edited 02/05/12 12:15 PM by gsd112
WhiteXR Member 117 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 02:15 PM Author Posted 02/05/12 02:15 PM Hey Whitexr,I've been having similar problems, taken my car to a different tuner, he ran it on the dyno a couple of times only making 250rwkw with similar mods to yours at 15psi, found out it was my new high flow cat sh*t the bed, it was running hot while not even on boost, you would pull over after driving on the highway for 10 minutes not on boost, pop the bonnet and the intercooler piping was HOT!Now that I've changed the cat, temps have gone back to normal, and the tuner I took it to told me if it was the cat causing the problem, after getting it fixed it would boost spike more than what we set the boost at. He set it to 10psi to be safe, now the cat has been changed it wants to spike above that so I'm just waiting to get it retuned and it should have the problem solved.Just you saying the the high temps under normal driving, that was my problem too, and I even had a cooler temp thermostat than stock.Hi mate thanks for your input, sounds interesting even doe I dont run a cat mabey my muffler is up to crap,but I did remember my tuner testing for back presure on the exhuast an he reckons its the most highest flowing one he has seen. But your problems sounds exactly like mine, so il be double checking the exhaust system.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now