Rockatansky Member 591 Member For: 16y 5m 27d Gender: Male Posted 26/04/12 08:17 AM Posted 26/04/12 08:17 AM Spotted this at Aldi,What does everyone use to shoot their videos and would I be wasting my time using this item?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 26/04/12 11:02 AM Posted 26/04/12 11:02 AM I have a GoPro and it's awesome for recording car footage but isn't very good at night or very low light conditions.Benny.
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 10d Gender: Male Posted 26/04/12 12:59 PM Posted 26/04/12 12:59 PM http://www.footprintsecurity.com/CDR-E07_car_cam_With_GPS.php
Rockatansky Member 591 Member For: 16y 5m 27d Gender: Male Posted 27/04/12 10:57 AM Author Posted 27/04/12 10:57 AM Lots of these devices on the market, ranging from 41.55 to 319.29. Does anyone actually use them and what model do you use? Just want one to shoot a decent video during a cruise. Not a bad thread here.
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 27/04/12 01:42 PM Posted 27/04/12 01:42 PM There's another good one here on OCAUhttp://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1007109You'll need to sign up as a member if you aren't already though as their Motoring section is not public.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 27/04/12 10:20 PM Posted 27/04/12 10:20 PM +1 for go pro.I used them when instructing with bikes and they were a great aid. can mount anywhere and have a stabaliser that keeps the vibes out pretty well. Sound is a little sus but the new ones are meant to be better.Mine copped a fair amount of abuse and conditions and never faulted. Would have loved to have nicked it when I left
deek Legacy Donating Member 362 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne / Wantirna Posted 27/04/12 10:38 PM Posted 27/04/12 10:38 PM I'll bring my GoPro on the next cruise. you can have a look at that. They are the best at the moment.Gary uses some of my footage from the last lake Mountain cruise and posted it on here.Derek
Rockatansky Member 591 Member For: 16y 5m 27d Gender: Male Posted 29/04/12 07:55 AM Author Posted 29/04/12 07:55 AM (edited) I'll bring my GoPro on the next cruise. you can have a look at that.I got a shot of yours on last year's cruise and saw some of your holiday footage on your mobile:So it looks like the GoPro and DOD GS600 are the duck's guts around the 300 dollar mark. Doesn't make much sense going for a cheap and nasty generic that may be prone to failure.Which specifc model of the GoPro does everyone use? Where's the best place to score one in Australia (warranty etc)?I've entered GoPro's daily giveaway, so maybe I'll get lucky. Edited 29/04/12 07:57 AM by Rockatansky
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 29/04/12 10:30 AM Posted 29/04/12 10:30 AM (edited) Lol I been entering for months. Cheapest place is most likely straight from their website. Could try eBay but pretty sure they were a bit pricey if you incl postage and $299.95 for the camera itself.Good luck never the less. Haha Edited 29/04/12 10:31 AM by Shyfrd
deek Legacy Donating Member 362 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne / Wantirna Posted 29/04/12 11:10 AM Posted 29/04/12 11:10 AM Mine is just the HD Hero.The video I get off is very clear. I dont think you can go wrong.However if your looking for something that records day to day running in the car this is not the go! Buy the one from Aldi or as it records on a loop.With the GoPro you have too download the video from the card to empty it.D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now