Factory Amp Wiring Colours ?

KAL_SPL

• Member For: 20y 24d

Fitting an aftermarket amp and subs to FG XR6 for customer , can anyone give me the line input colours for the factory amp , theres 2 pairs of wires and unsure if they are left and right or what ever , did a search but nothing has come up about the actual colours of wires needed.

that's what Im doing mate but I want to use the 2 pairs of wires coming into factory amp that is no longer needed , the pairs have an orange and black plastic sheath over them , just wanted to comfirm these are left and right , surely someone has a pin out for the plug in the amp ?

lol, I haven't done mine for this very reason. I have been told the speaker wire colours, but mine are somehow different...

Dont suppose you have the colours handy , they are different to the old blues and pinks they have been since day 1.

• Member For: 15y 8m 23d

From PHANTOMXR6:

R/H front speaker has a grey/green and grey/black cable from the speaker plug all the way through to the main ICC plug. There are 2 separate plugs that these cables go thorugh before the cable terminates at the main ICC plug.

L/H front cable is a bit different. It starts as sky blue/white and orange/green from the speaker plug. It then changes to orange/light green and orange/black after the first connector all the way through to the back of the main ICC plug.

that is for a sedan.

Yeah that doesnt help youre right , the plug in the rear has an orange sheath with white and orange wire and a black sheath with yellow and brown wire.

Guess I just hook them up see what happens , hope I get the phase right :P

Ended up hooking line converter up straight to sub wires output from factory amp and its thus far worked flawlessly for a week , unsure what the amps output is from factory but seems my line converter is handling it ok.