Fg Turbo Wont Start.

Tim

• Member For: 15y 9m 16d

The RACQ couldn't get it started. Tried jump starting it and they checked all the fuses and checked for error codes in the computer. No problems detected.

Had it towed to Ford and they said it was a dead battery. I don't think it is that simple though. I have had a flat battery before and it jumped started fine. I think the imobiliser was triggered somehow. There were no dash lights showing up with the ignition on.

Car is back and working fine with a new battery.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 11y 9m 5d

my ba lost all power once, eveything electrical did not work for about 5 mins, then it did and everything was reset....I cleaned battery terminals and been fine since, however stupid terminals need cleaning everywheek......and they are high quality terminals.... supposabley lol

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m 16d

My car has experienced this problem again today. Exactly the same as before. The only additional information I can provide is that the blue gauge lights in the dash were stuck on when the car was locked. The security light was also not flashing when locked.

The car has now "fixed" itself and starts fine. The gauge lights were off and the security light was flashing when I went to start it. It was over 12 hours from when it wouldn't start this morning. I had tried it about 8 hours after it wouldn't start and it was still not working then.

My feeling is that the car immobilises itself and then takes 12 hours for it to reset the lock down on the immobiliser.

Can anyone confirm if there is a lock down time for the immobilisers and if so is there anyway to over ride it?

I really need help with this. The car is about to run out of warranty.