Fg Turbo Wont Start.

Tim

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

Hi

My FG Turbo wont start. Went to drive it this afternoon and when I started the car it stalled straight away. The car is auto. It did this twice and then no starter motor at all. I noticed the radio had become locked, I supected a stuffed battery. The battery voltage was a little low so I tried a jump start but still nothing from the starter motor. The jumper cables were rusty so I went to the next option. Swapped in the battery from my boat and still nothing from the starter motor. Battery voltage from the boat battery is good. I have made sure it was in park unlike the popular car wont start thread. Also tried neutral.

The starter motor is not making any noise but there are relays clicking over when the key is turned to the on position. Lights, horn, central locking etc all seem to work.

Can any body shed some light on what the problem may be?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

I had tried the spare key yesterday with no luck thanks Andy.

There were no fuses blown but after I pulled them and checked them all the car started fine. Must have been one with a bad contact. Hopefully it is that simple as next month I am going on a 2000km road trip and I really dont wont to get stranded out the back of beyond.

Edited by Tim

• 9 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 24d

My car has done exactly the same. Behaves like you are trying to start it in drive instead of park. It did it about 8 or 9 times. Nizpro checked everything and could not find anything wrong with it. Has not done it for about 5 months now so maybe sorted itself out. Had us all confused why though.

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 4m 13d

Sometimes my BA auto wont start, if I give the shifter a tap forward in park it will start, must be a problem with the neutral cut switch not engaging in park sometimes

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

The fact it started and then stalled is a bit sus... Make sure the starter solenoid is getting cranking signal, if its ok see of you can turn the engine over by hand (21mm socket and breaker bar/ 1/2 drive ratchet on balancer bolt)