Joey Thorne Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 14y 8m 21d Posted 09/01/12 08:04 PM Posted 09/01/12 08:04 PM Hey guys, I actuality got my xr6t yesterday its has a few mods but standard valve springs, So my question is should I change them if they are stock and what brand should I run?its a BA xr6t.... Cheers for any help....
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/12 08:26 PM Posted 09/01/12 08:26 PM If they are only minor mods and the valve springs are keeping up then there is no need to change them. If you decide to do more mods down the track then it's a good idea to change them though.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/01/12 08:42 PM Posted 09/01/12 08:42 PM what power levels are you running?how many k's on the carmanual or atuo?
Joey Thorne Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 14y 8m 21d Posted 09/01/12 08:46 PM Author Posted 09/01/12 08:46 PM 140km on the car manual , and its at 250rwk, so I was told, but im unsure my last ride was a vz monaro the transition from v8 to turbo is huge, so sometimes I feel like I have power others times I feel it lagging, I want to increase power but dont want too much!
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/01/12 09:12 PM Posted 09/01/12 09:12 PM 5 speed or 6?chuck it on a dyno and get a few power runs done, will let you know if your springs still have enough tension for around $100
Joey Thorne Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 14y 8m 21d Posted 09/01/12 10:33 PM Author Posted 09/01/12 10:33 PM that was my plan, its a 5 speed, thanks heaps guys, I think I will change them to a heavy duty spring anyways just because it will need to be done any way later on, any brands I should look at?
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 1d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/12 10:41 PM Posted 09/01/12 10:41 PM Might need to change your gearbox also
Joey Thorne Legacy Donating Member 33 Member For: 14y 8m 21d Posted 09/01/12 10:42 PM Author Posted 09/01/12 10:42 PM whys that? what do you suggest?
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 1d Gender: Male Posted 09/01/12 10:52 PM Posted 09/01/12 10:52 PM 5 speed would prob fail before valve springs,, just sh*t boxes when putting power into them.. Theres a cheap 6 speed conversion in the classifies if you got the $ and wanna jump on it
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/01/12 11:50 PM Posted 09/01/12 11:50 PM with stupid.5 speed will be the major weak link if you upgrade valve springs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now