Guest slapper Guests Posted 31/03/03 09:52 AM Posted 31/03/03 09:52 AM $549!? Rip-off in my books. Most pods would give a similar gain.......... Seems like every manufacturer is trying to make a quick buck from being the first to bring out a "novelty" product for the XR6T (unlike Nizpro & Chiptorque that are taking their time & doing their R&D properly). I'd put this one in the Powerchip bracket.
Guest JESMAL Guests Posted 31/03/03 10:11 AM Posted 31/03/03 10:11 AM Errmmmm......BMC didn't bring this out for the XR6T....it was around for ages. I had it installed in my AU XR6 early last year.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 31/03/03 10:20 AM Posted 31/03/03 10:20 AM HI Zvele,I'll be looking at getting this done once my car has some more klms' on it, not quite 3000 yet. Probably be towards the end of the year as I only clock up 2000 per month on average. By this time I'll get a ride in one with chip fitted to ensure that the peaceful driving characteristics remain under 2000rpm which is where 99.9% of my time is spent.Good luck with whatever mods you do, or don't.Regards Scott
Guest Zvele Guests Posted 31/03/03 10:58 AM Posted 31/03/03 10:58 AM Hi Scott,Maybe you are right, but I had au xr6 with K&N filter,peacemaker 2.5"Exhaust System, with Unichip , make around 134kw on wheels on 5000rpm, with this one,180-190kw on wheels, point is, you pickup kw's everywhere when you can, if air filter give you 5kw, for $500.00 fine.It's really question where is end.I use power on my car, that is problem, cost me already once licence,at the moment 9 left, have to be more careful, but APS installing new chip for ba, they dyno said 219kw , but only in Melbourne at htis time.I will wait. After that ......
Mike1 Member 48 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Location: Perth Posted 31/03/03 12:00 PM Posted 31/03/03 12:00 PM Put a similar set up on our track car (Lotus) with excellent results. Dynoed the car before and after but as a Motec and exhaust went on at the same time cant say how much of the increase was intake alone. (makes a great sucking intake noise but!!!)
Guest andre Guests Posted 02/04/03 01:12 AM Posted 02/04/03 01:12 AM hi all, how are we today.... love all the info on this topic but where do I get one......
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 02/04/03 03:48 AM Posted 02/04/03 03:48 AM From Autobran, Andre.
Guest PHNTUM Guests Posted 09/04/03 08:48 AM Posted 09/04/03 08:48 AM Well you people I finally put my XR6T on the dyno with the BMC air box .............not too bad.There was not much of an increase but it has added maybe a few KW.First Run = 185kw with BMC Air BoxSecond Run = 187kw with BMC Air BoxSorry didn't try it with std air box but most people are seeing around 185kw.
Gareth Member 71 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Posted 14/05/03 11:39 AM Posted 14/05/03 11:39 AM Ah well, I've bought one. I guess I will eventually save money and help the environment by not using disposable paper filters.Maybe with a few other mods it will have a greater impact?The Auto Barn guy told me it would give me 10 KW at the wheels - but I've heard claims like this before...
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 13/06/03 01:36 AM Posted 13/06/03 01:36 AM I have one installed and got an increase of 4kW's at the wheels. But also had a 3" ss straight through exhaust put on as well. I am going to refit the original filter and have another dyno that way I can take the exhaust out of the equation and will post results.Did notice an improvement in response and more torque.All said I am happy with the overall result.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now