arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/10/11 11:35 AM Posted 20/10/11 11:35 AM (edited) Having an Fg is different than a Ba BF. A friend has an FG with 20 x 8 and 20 x 9.5. Front sits in to far and looks funny. The wheel needs to move out closer to the guard by about 6-8mm. I checked the calculator and a +35 on the front with 8.5 will achieve this. So +33 or +35 for the front with a 8.5 inch rim is the go. Rear on his sits nice and no rubbing. So if you use +40 with a 10.0 it will sit 2mm closer to the outside guard and 10mm closer on the inside. We run a 20 x 10 on a Ba with +42 and it doesnt hit on the inside. You need someone with an FG to confirm if a +40 or +42 will not rub on the inside. You want to run the most + offset on the rear so it wont rub. Edited 20/10/11 11:36 AM by arronm
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/10/11 10:50 PM Posted 20/10/11 10:50 PM + 40 WILL NOT rub on the inside (just) with 275's, 285's probably will. I'm going to take a heap of photos this weekend for everyone.38 would perfect on the back imo, keep in mind the problem I've sorta of relized is that I pretty can't make any camber adjustments on the back without hitting stuff. Which means ya going to burn tyres pretty quick.Utes won't have this problem though I don't think.
lightning g6e turbo Member 83 Member For: 15y 10m 8d Gender: Male Posted 24/10/11 09:27 AM Author Posted 24/10/11 09:27 AM Guys awesome info. thanks. Dillz its your car that has made me abit worried.The roads out here are at best crap, so yours would hit for sure. So it looks like its +38 for the back, now its just the front +33 or +35, I think yours is + 32 isn't it dillz?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/10/11 10:37 AM Posted 24/10/11 10:37 AM Ahh 30 I think, I can't remember. Camber on the back stops the tyre from hitting on the outside, it might just brush the side wall on bad bumps but that's it. I thought it was hitting leaving a mark but turns out the darker ring on the outside of my tyre is just because it's not even hitting the road!If I had my time again I'd definitely go 9 or 9.5's on the back, that little bit less should be just enough to fix the camber a bit and save your tyres whilst still being able to run a 275 that will actually fully make contact with the road.This is the only decent pic I have of it atm.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 25/10/11 04:52 AM Posted 25/10/11 04:52 AM Just go +35 rear and +28 front... Can always shave more off! Can't add more back on!!! Have to use a spacer...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/10/11 05:06 AM Posted 25/10/11 05:06 AM That's a good point, whats a rough price to get it done?
lightning g6e turbo Member 83 Member For: 15y 10m 8d Gender: Male Posted 25/10/11 09:05 AM Author Posted 25/10/11 09:05 AM Yeah dead right that is a real good point worm, im with luxjet who does that and does anyone know a rough price pls.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 25/10/11 10:34 AM Posted 25/10/11 10:34 AM I'd say you might have to ring around. FDO in fern tree gully prob does... And there's wheel modifiers around...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now