Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 19d Gender: Male Posted 28/09/11 01:04 AM Posted 28/09/11 01:04 AM Hey guys,Have a current problem when going through round abouts, around corners and turning when accelerating. There seems to be a knock that comes from the rear of the car on and off really quickly but is fine when I am driving straight. I have recently had my back end bushes replaced. Any ideas what it could be? suspension coil? Shocks? front bushes? Anything would be great, I am sick of having to leave the car at a mechanics for days to get stuff sortedMarty
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/09/11 03:35 AM Posted 28/09/11 03:35 AM Is it a worn CV joint kinda knock by any chance?
aussie_dozer Blown Happiness Legacy Donating Member 130 Member For: 17y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Queanbeyan NSW Posted 28/09/11 05:33 AM Posted 28/09/11 05:33 AM Does it knock in any particular direction?I had an under car knock but only on left hand turns, ended up being the exhaust hitting under the car. Good luck with it.
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 19d Gender: Male Posted 28/09/11 01:53 PM Author Posted 28/09/11 01:53 PM hey. Yeah after some more testing today before it rained. It only seems to be when Im cornering or turning right. A bit strange I got a stick under the car and gave the exhaust a nudge but there didn't seem to be any movement..Im stumped?!
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 28/09/11 06:15 PM Posted 28/09/11 06:15 PM its amazing how much the exhaust can move just hard to recreate it.
DEDLYWEPN Member 11 Member For: 16y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 29/09/11 04:08 AM Posted 29/09/11 04:08 AM I've been experiencing something similar in my FG XR6T, but its really intermittent, sounds like a knock sometimes and more of a creak other times. Can't figure out what causing it, I had diff bushes replaced about a thousand kms ago, so maybe something come a little loose.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now