gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 10/09/11 01:01 AM Author Posted 10/09/11 01:01 AM Thanks JohnnyNot sure what the LSD diff is they quoted, it was from a diif guy in Hornsby.I will try to get used to it and see how it goes. I have also read that some tuning shops change the diff oil and claim it helps, any thoughts??Cheers
AtomiCg6 Legacy Donating Member 197 Member For: 15y 5m 24d Posted 10/09/11 12:01 PM Posted 10/09/11 12:01 PM Hmm changing oils, Not sure mate, just have to try I guess?What did ford say when u took it in for the service ??Maybe youll just have to get use to easing off the throttle like ppl say..I only had the problem after I fitted the lsd, but we resolved it with new bushes.Which I still think your bushes might be getting worn, and its worth taking a look at them aswell b4 u get to worried cheers
gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/09/11 04:22 AM Author Posted 11/09/11 04:22 AM Thanks JohnnyCheers
SecaBoy Legacy Donating Member 203 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Posted 20/09/11 02:56 AM Posted 20/09/11 02:56 AM I have a xr6t and I've had all of the bushes replaced on the diff at every service. (15,000km and now 30,000km)the noise goes away for a few weeks and then comes back again.I asked the service guy "is this a common problem, or am I just lucky enough to keep splitting/destroying bushes?" and his response was "nah, we do these everyday!"... :lol: comforting!he said the only option was to put aftermarket ones in and then put up with vibrations due to the product being a harsher bush.
DEDLYWEPN Member 11 Member For: 16y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 29/09/11 06:14 AM Posted 29/09/11 06:14 AM I'm so fkn over the terrible drivetrain clunks and thumps in my FG XR6T. Diff bushes have been replaced 3 times in 75,000kms and there's always some sort of noise and harsh kickback when backing off the throttle when accelerating hard. These cars have to be the most under-engineered I've driven, they can't cope with the torque from the standard setup, it's like Ford designed the outside and said "just chuck that sh*tty rear end from the bf under it and get it out the door".After this I'll never buy another Aus built car, euro is the way to go imo.
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/09/11 01:20 AM Posted 30/09/11 01:20 AM (edited) This comes standard with most, if not all Ford's. Hence why they can't find the "issue".The advice given in this thread to control the clunk with your right foot is the best cure. Edited 30/09/11 01:22 AM by 2fardown
BossBarra Member 10 Member For: 15y 8m 16d Posted 08/10/11 03:00 AM Posted 08/10/11 03:00 AM Just like to add that I've got the same thing in my Fg as everyone's describing. Amazing how common it is.
daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 08/10/11 12:33 PM Posted 08/10/11 12:33 PM I've had the same problem and I've changed every bush every rubber in the ass end and had the diff auto and tailshaft upgraded and it's still there it is just tail shaft slap every ba bf fg has it don't worry it's normal it's just a bit of play through the drive line
ryan_04 Member 97 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Gender: Male Posted 11/10/11 10:55 AM Posted 11/10/11 10:55 AM hmm good that I found this thread and see its normal..I too have this happen somtimes in my 09' G6ET...not just the pullback u get after backing off midway through a gear after heavy acceleration - think that's part of the FG range of ZF's...but more along the lines of small clunks from the rear after low speed acceleration/backing off..adjusting the style of backing off helps a bit but it is still annoying it even exists..dont mind though if its normal..got a service at pitlane recently neway so if there were any real issues wouldv deff found em
louiseanddanny 10.5 @ 132MPH Legacy Donating Member 477 Member For: 18y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: FALCON COUNTRY Posted 21/11/11 12:46 PM Posted 21/11/11 12:46 PM See what Pat has to say and the team at Wholesale Suspension!, our forum advertisers! Pat is always there to help and give his advise.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now