XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 17d Posted 03/08/11 03:39 AM Posted 03/08/11 03:39 AM Hey Guys,Looks like my LSD in my FG has given in.. Is there any benefit in replacing it with the Truetrac one over a standard one? Are the Truetrac ones meant to be a lot stronger?CheersBen
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 18d Gender: Male Posted 03/08/11 04:21 AM Posted 03/08/11 04:21 AM Yeah why not, it will spin one wheel less with the true tracBut your car won't move if one wheel is in the air, anything is better than the factory LSD, I was watching brand-new cars at the drags getting more one wheel action (FG F6) than I was getting when I didn't have an LSDProbably cost you $2-2.5K supply and fit thoughOr do as I did be a tight arse and just get a low km 2nd hand factory diff :(
dalts Member 755 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 03/08/11 06:55 AM Posted 03/08/11 06:55 AM (edited) go the true trac ben you wont break one in a hurry,they lock up hard on full noise!! Edited 03/08/11 06:56 AM by dalts
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 14d Posted 03/08/11 07:22 AM Posted 03/08/11 07:22 AM thought about a Kaaz Centre? or are you looking at a full replacement centre including gear?
XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 17d Posted 03/08/11 08:33 AM Author Posted 03/08/11 08:33 AM I don't know the full extent of the damage yet, getting it looked at over the next few days..It drives around fine atm, just when I turn left over uneven surfaces I get a loud clunk in the rear.. Also when turning into a "steepish" driveway, there is a very loud grinding sound and the car struggles to move forward.. The first few times this happened, I thought the dump pipe was making contact with the road.. I haven't heard much about the Kaaz set ups, how do they compare to the Truetrac?Ben
ScatterBrain Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 17y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/08/11 08:35 AM Posted 03/08/11 08:35 AM Hey Ben, Ive got a KAAZ 2-way in mine, Its brilliant and quiet. Also If you decide to go with a 2nd hand LSD, I've still got my old one for sale. It's done a bit over 50,000kms. Regards Mitch
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 03/08/11 09:02 AM Posted 03/08/11 09:02 AM before buying a kaaz, drive a car with one in it
XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 17d Posted 03/08/11 09:11 AM Author Posted 03/08/11 09:11 AM before buying a kaaz, drive a car with one in itI'm guessing from that comment your not a fan of Kaaz?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 03/08/11 09:16 AM Posted 03/08/11 09:16 AM for a weekend fun car or track car they are good, great for 2 wheelin skids and predictable, but rather clunky for normal driving, even when the oil is changed regulary like they recommend, had a customer with one in his 360 rwkw manual typhoon, kept flogging out the rear CV's from the constant banging back and forwards as it was trying to apply when cornering etc
XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 17d Posted 03/08/11 09:32 AM Author Posted 03/08/11 09:32 AM for a weekend fun car or track car they are good, great for 2 wheelin skids and predictable, but rather clunky for normal driving, even when the oil is changed regulary like they recommend, had a customer with one in his 360 rwkw manual typhoon, kept flogging out the rear CV's from the constant banging back and forwards as it was trying to apply when cornering etcThanks for the feedback mate. As this is my daily work car, I would hate to put up with a noisy rear end all the time..Guess I will have to wait and see what I have broken this time, I'm getting really good at destroying Fords standard components... Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now