Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 15/07/11 04:46 AM Posted 15/07/11 04:46 AM Hi guysHopefully pick up my XR6T early next week, and I was just wondering (forgive me if this has been asked before, couldn't seem to find it) are you able to replace the BF centre console with the 07 BF mkII console?I only ask because I think it looks slightly better.Not sure what differences there would be in the 2 when it came to cabling and what not as I'm 100% new to Fords, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.If there's a post around somewhere, would someone be able to link it for me please?Thanks
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 15/07/11 05:28 AM Posted 15/07/11 05:28 AM You can mate. I bought a black leather one from a fpv for my ute.The xr ones are pretty crap aren't they, mine had a terrible dent in the trim from my elbow
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 15/07/11 05:47 AM Author Posted 15/07/11 05:47 AM (edited) Ah cool. That's an ideaI think I may have my terms mixed up though. I'm referring to the console with the instruments on it, radio, air con etc. Is that what you were referring to as well? The leather and elbow part makes me think you're talking about the armwrest area haha. Edited 15/07/11 05:49 AM by kron
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 15/07/11 06:02 AM Posted 15/07/11 06:02 AM you mean the ICC, and yes you can and once you get it in, you have to go back to ford to reprogram it for your car.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 15/07/11 06:26 AM Author Posted 15/07/11 06:26 AM That's the one.Do you know if it costs much to have reprogrammed?
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 15/07/11 06:35 AM Posted 15/07/11 06:35 AM depends on the dealer, but not that much.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 15/07/11 01:45 PM Author Posted 15/07/11 01:45 PM Awesome, cheers for that
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/07/11 10:46 PM Posted 15/07/11 10:46 PM Hang on a minute...What actually looks better on the BF ICC? Can you explain it more for us?If you're referring to the dual zone climate ICC in the BF then that is not just a matter of swapping ICC's and having Ford program it. There's a heap of other parts that need changing.If you just want to change the base LCD screen for the larger colour TFT screen then that can be done with a straight ICC swap.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 16/07/11 04:48 AM Author Posted 16/07/11 04:48 AM (edited) I personally think this consolelooks better than this consoleI could even have the newer console, I can't quite remember which one it had as I don't get my car until Tuesday/Wednesday hopefully (seller went on holidays) but I'm just checking to see options should I want to change it.I've ready about needing to change/add parts for the dual climate control if it requires it, and if so I'll probably just settle with the console it has as it's a fair bit of messing around Edited 16/07/11 04:55 AM by kron
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 16/07/11 05:32 AM Author Posted 16/07/11 05:32 AM (edited) After checking my cache (as they removed the ad from carsales) I found an image of the ICC. It's the non dual climate with premo sound, so has the color screen. Think I'll just stick with that.Cheers for the input though guysI believe that's what it is anyways: Edited 16/07/11 05:33 AM by kron
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now