ChrisConfal Member 11 Member For: 16y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/11 01:48 AM Posted 10/07/11 01:48 AM Hey guys, hoping I can get some help. Went to change my plugs, and the front 3 coils are stuck in the tubes. The first one of those 3 came out but left the rubber boot in the tube. Tried to get it out with pliers but it started tearing and couldnt get it out.I know I will have to replace that one as the boot is had it, but does anyone have any tips to get them out without destroying them? Btw car is ba xr6 tCheersChrisSent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Posted 10/07/11 03:31 AM Posted 10/07/11 03:31 AM Should pop off easy,, are you pulling straight up or tilting it?
ChrisConfal Member 11 Member For: 16y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/11 04:06 AM Author Posted 10/07/11 04:06 AM Tried both ways, have had them out before so not sure why they are stuck. The 3 that are stuck ae genuines and 3 aftermarket ones came straight out. Also tried twisting themSent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Posted 10/07/11 04:39 AM Posted 10/07/11 04:39 AM I've taken one out like this with a ratchet extention and no damage.. Just put it half way in and pry it out
ChrisConfal Member 11 Member For: 16y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/11 06:18 AM Author Posted 10/07/11 06:18 AM Sweet thanks for the reply, ill give it a crackSent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
Gasman Ford Nub Member 412 Member For: 15y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 10/07/11 05:41 PM Posted 10/07/11 05:41 PM yeah same,I used a large screw driver. Pull it out on an angle being carful not to puncture the boot.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now