longy89 Legacy Donating Member 38 Member For: 16y 5m 25d Posted 09/07/11 11:42 PM Posted 09/07/11 11:42 PM (edited) Hey guysI haven't posted for a while but it's good to be back. I've moved on from my BA XR6T ute days and have now got myself an 08 G6ET for a steal! I'm 22 and I love the insurance on a stock one of these compared to my modded ute, the fuel consumption is better, it rides like silk and most importantly - has more go. I love when people call this an old man's car, because it means I won't be seeing too many around for my age bracket. It's good to stand out by means of stealth . I plan on keeping it stock for now, not withholding the addition of a Kicker 8 inch sub to replace the farty premium Ford one. This is a brilliant car and I hope you're all enjoying as much as me. Cheers Edited 09/07/11 11:49 PM by longy89
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 17d Posted 10/07/11 03:18 AM Posted 10/07/11 03:18 AM Nice work mate. She's a beaut.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/07/11 03:48 AM Posted 10/07/11 03:48 AM Good stuff mate, yeah definitely sleepers. I think the "oldman" trend is dead and buried lol, there's a poll around somewhere that shows most of us are under 30 anyway.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 10/07/11 03:56 AM Posted 10/07/11 03:56 AM Nice ride and as Dillz said it has been proven that the oldmans car is actually a youngmans car instead.
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 10/07/11 05:28 AM Posted 10/07/11 05:28 AM I love the g6e turbo. Almost bought one instead of my f6Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
longy89 Legacy Donating Member 38 Member For: 16y 5m 25d Posted 10/07/11 08:28 AM Author Posted 10/07/11 08:28 AM Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah I have noticed a lot of G6ET owners are young. It's a good feeling when coppers aren't pulling you up all the time and SS guys aren't trying to race you at every red (although the rearview image is good entertainment ) I was tossing up between a winter white FG XR6T and going for the panda look, and the G6, but there were no whites around at the time and for the options, I couldn't resist. The lip spoiler, 19s (one of Ford's better wheels), front grille, leather, piano finish and sleekness pretty much sold it for me. I'm overdue for a service, so I'm thinking of going with the Nulon 10w40 full synthetic. What do you guys use?
hrick Member 210 Member For: 16y 9m 15d Posted 10/07/11 11:08 AM Posted 10/07/11 11:08 AM . I'm overdue for a service, so I'm thinking of going with the Nulon 10w40 full synthetic. What do you guys use?Using that (nulon 10-40) all good. How many k`s on her...and what was the cost ?If this is a young mans car does it then make older (more experienced males) feel youunger?
longy89 Legacy Donating Member 38 Member For: 16y 5m 25d Posted 10/07/11 11:37 AM Author Posted 10/07/11 11:37 AM She's got 38,000km on her and I picked her up for $29,750 private sale. And that is quite the philosophical question there hrick lol
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 10/07/11 02:44 PM Posted 10/07/11 02:44 PM Im running an elf 5w40 but any full syn 10w40 is fine, lots use nulon.
Carter_ Member 33 Member For: 16y 8m 26d Gender: Male Posted 10/07/11 03:37 PM Posted 10/07/11 03:37 PM Congrats mate, im 21 and my G6e Turbo should arrive next month cant wait to get it. Good to see the young guys getting into these and showing they aint grampa cars
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now