Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 05/07/11 10:14 PM Posted 05/07/11 10:14 PM Morning all,Picking my car up later this afternoon, but went and collected a few bits of paperwork yesterday so that I can post it here, and hopefully get somewhere.As you can see in the attachments below, my car keeps spitting out fault codes. Some are able to be cleared and go away, never to return, others just keep coming back and causing more headaches. The biggest problem is the speed sensors; all 4 modules at the wheels are fine, the gearbox etc is fine, but there is an issue with the communication between the speed sensors and the computer. On top of that, things like my central locking now doesn't work, I have to manually lock and unlock the car, the battery light and ignition button stay illuminated, even though there is no alternator or ignition problem that can be found!! My car has spent hours at ChipTorque and at another mechanic who has recently bought a huge Ford diagnostics kit. The only problem is, these guys can get so far, then cant see any further or cant get any further, and this I'd expect needs to be done by ford OR someone who used to work at Ford, that knows what they're doing. Is there anyone in the Ipswich/Brisbane/Coastal areas that knows what they're doing? I'm sick of spending money on tunes and diagnostics to just get no where! Any advice would be awesome.Just a run down, the car is a BF F6, 4" exhaust, cooler upgrade, injectors blah blah blah. Have the battery relocated to the other side of the engine bay, probably needs to be done a bit better, would that cause any problems? Please help :( lol
Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 06/07/11 10:27 PM Author Posted 06/07/11 10:27 PM Also, every time I put down 1/4 or 1/2 (or more obviously) my ABS, Battery & Traction light all illuminate for a few seconds and then my speedo stops working.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/07/11 12:42 AM Posted 07/07/11 12:42 AM Mate, Multiple random faults like that usually point to a bad/Insufficient earth. Earth the battery to the chassis with a decent 000 cable. Earth the engine with a decent 000 Cable ( I usually go from the engine mount ont the LHS to the battery if the battery is on the LHS of the car.Also replace the RHS earth strap from the Engine to the chassis again with a Decent 000 cable. Failing that, I would look at the Pcm. I know ratter has being seeing a few failing and throwing codes like yours.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 07/07/11 02:06 AM Posted 07/07/11 02:06 AM Yea from you saying the battery relocation could be better I would be getting it done really good and earthed out like mentioned above to make sure its not all caused by the battery.
Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 07/07/11 04:59 AM Author Posted 07/07/11 04:59 AM Mate, Multiple random faults like that usually point to a bad/Insufficient earth. Earth the battery to the chassis with a decent 000 cable. Earth the engine with a decent 000 Cable ( I usually go from the engine mount ont the LHS to the battery if the battery is on the LHS of the car.Also replace the RHS earth strap from the Engine to the chassis again with a Decent 000 cable. Failing that, I would look at the Pcm. I know ratter has being seeing a few failing and throwing codes like yours.Thanks mate, that's a step in the right direction - I'd say that the battery isn't earthed properly at all, which is my own silly fault! Will let you know how I go!
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 07/07/11 11:12 AM Posted 07/07/11 11:12 AM Surely the shops that have already looked at your car would of checked the battery ,leads and earths wouldnt they ?
Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 11/07/11 12:43 AM Author Posted 11/07/11 12:43 AM Surely the shops that have already looked at your car would of checked the battery ,leads and earths wouldnt they ?They've checked the battery, to which I replaced the old one with a new one, but I think that's all. They've checked out the alternator, to make sure it's still charging etc and it is. The car is booked in Friday to have the battery moved and the earth sorted, I'm hoping that's all it was/is!!
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 11/07/11 03:52 AM Posted 11/07/11 03:52 AM Good luck, Keep us posted.
Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 15/07/11 10:20 PM Author Posted 15/07/11 10:20 PM Well had the battery all fixed up. Kept it on the airbox side instead of moving it to the boot.However, it didn't fix my problems :( it did fix an alternator problem with it not charging correctly, but other than that its still f*cked :( rang a few ford dealers and finally found a head mechanic that wants to work on my car, see how we go there....
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 16/07/11 03:30 AM Posted 16/07/11 03:30 AM That's a bugger fella, but at least you have crossed the earth causing any issues off the list. Always best to start with the cheap stuff first.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now