'ghost Cams'

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 13d

Have a look. "There are some parameters missing to make the idle quality up-to-par with where we'd be comfortable releasing it. As well, Ford has shown interest in possibly patenting the technology that is used to make this cammed idle tune, so out of respect for that possible patent, we've stopped actively pursuing the idle fixes or interest in releasing the tune. Sorry guys! -Chris Rose Bama Custom Tuning at AmericanMuscle.com"

Any thoughts, comments. Few other vids on there.

Edited by Barra

• Member For: 13y 3m 8d

on my old ef when I tuned that with a j3 chip, I could give it a stable idle that was lumpy or smooth as silk. Once I put a cam in it, I could amplify the lump even more. Or make it smoother. Both ways would hold a steady rpm. But I always tuned that car to have the smoothest idle possible. Even with the 220@50" cam, I did my best to make it smooth. More lumpy is always less efficient.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 9d

Funnily enough it doesnt matter to some people how much smooth efficient power they have they still want that rough idle if they can get it.

• Member For: 13y 3m 8d

After listening to those videos again, it sounds like just a lean condition and maybe a little less timing. You can actually hear the lean lump and then car cycles back and then lean lump again. I'd love to see a wideband on it.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 25d

Just turn your crankshaft one tooth round on the timing chain. :roflmbo:

My ute did it when the tensioner bracket broke & the chain jumped round a bit. Luckily the engine didn't suffer any damage but it sounded pretty lumpy @ idle.