cranny Legacy Donating Member 123 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 03/07/11 09:12 PM Author Posted 03/07/11 09:12 PM 3000 KM on it
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 03/07/11 10:35 PM Posted 03/07/11 10:35 PM my biggest worry is that they fix it dodegy and I get a second grade motor the rest of the cars life.that scenario is the same as what you've got now- I'd make it clear I want the full warranty to apply to the engine from the repair or replace date- not the car delivery date. if you get no joy, politely explain that if it is not sorted out satisfactorily you will have no choice but to go to the ombudsman- he actually does have some weight usually.... good luck with it...
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/11 11:08 PM Posted 03/07/11 11:08 PM Or just go and speak to them nicely and they will sort it out for you... Not the end of the world.
cranny Legacy Donating Member 123 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 03/07/11 11:50 PM Author Posted 03/07/11 11:50 PM Thanks for your replies guys, does anybody on the forum work at ford or know anyone that I can trust to project manage this thing. I am happy to let ford fix the car I jsut want it done properly. if someone could recomend any dealer that would put me at ease. Cheers guys.
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 04/07/11 12:09 AM Posted 04/07/11 12:09 AM Head gasket?
arm79 Legacy Donating Member 214 Member For: 17y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/07/11 03:31 AM Posted 04/07/11 03:31 AM I'd be checking out the new consumer laws that came into effect this year... Assuming you purchased the car this year.If the fault is major, you are entitled to a replacement car or a refund. If the engine has crapped itself, I'd say it was a major, and you could argue as such.http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/news-and-reviews/car-news/lemon_storyThe link gives you some info on how it works, then maybe a call to your states consumer trading department.Either way the law states, you MUST go to the dealer first and report the problem and allow for diagnosis before starting any action. Then you can attack them from there... Which includes compensation for time without the car, etc, etc.I was speaking with a high level manager who works for a world wide electronics retailer, and he mentioned these new laws and that he had recently attended a seminar about them. He said these laws from a retailer and manufacturers point of view are extremely scary. Consumers can basically write their own warranties on basis of their expectation of how a product should perform and last. Like "My previous fridge lasted for 20 years, and this one has died at 5 years, new one please. I expected at least 10 years of service from it" or "The transmission in my EL lasted 600,000km and I bought another Ford because I expected the same reliability... But its only done 110,000km, new one please".The other great part of these laws is it puts the dealer directly in the line of responsibility for the product. So there is no more fobbing the problem off to Ford. The dealer is legally responsible for the performance of the product as well. 1
Barra Legacy Donating Member 467 Member For: 17y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 04/07/11 03:53 AM Posted 04/07/11 03:53 AM Great post arm79.
cranny Legacy Donating Member 123 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 04/07/11 04:06 AM Author Posted 04/07/11 04:06 AM Cheers mate, should I go back to the same dealer, the reason I ask is that I bought the car from Power ford Castle hill and I live near sutherland and work in the city. I was going to take it to macarturther as a member on here said it would be the best dealer. Cheers
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 17d Gender: Male Posted 04/07/11 04:27 AM Posted 04/07/11 04:27 AM (edited) Cranny, try not to let it get to you so much, its just a car..... "project manage" - we are talking about an engine issue, not building a high-rise shopping development!! Ha ha....I sympathise as to why you are upset (I would be too), but just take it to your nearest Ford dealer and let them handle it as per the thousands of other Fords with faults - most likely everything will be 100% fine Edited 04/07/11 04:28 AM by CBXRT
XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 23d Posted 04/07/11 04:49 AM Posted 04/07/11 04:49 AM Being only 3000kms on it, I'd take back to where you bought it..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now