discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 13/07/11 06:21 AM Posted 13/07/11 06:21 AM Depends on if you can get the labour cheap as well, like really cheap... because the labour charge will be substantial, you probably won't want to put standard ones in unless you fit them yourself and don't drive the car very often.
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 16/07/11 03:38 PM Posted 16/07/11 03:38 PM Yeah so I thinking I'm gonna go the super pro as it's my daily
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/07/11 10:04 PM Posted 16/07/11 10:04 PM I've got Superpro control blade bushes, rear diff bush and front lower control arm bushes going in on Friday. Koni shocks and a Whiteline front swaybar are also being fitted.I brought all the parts off Pat at Wholesale Suspension and my dealer is fitting everything for $895 with a wheel alignment.The labour for the rear bushes alone is $420, so that gives you something to go by.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/07/11 10:09 PM Posted 16/07/11 10:09 PM the quote was replacing all the bushes front to back, ball joints (front) gearbox mount, tailshaft, front/ rear rotors (apparently glazed disks are no good but good for shaving your face), shocks and 4 bearings according to pedders.my brother inlaws work just quoted me for the same thing for $3000How'd you go with this?The parts alone would be more than $3k.Seems to good to be true IMO.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 16/07/11 11:17 PM Posted 16/07/11 11:17 PM Nice choice Adam It should feel so much tighter and planted. And 90% of the time be more comfortable as well.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 23/07/11 04:54 AM Posted 23/07/11 04:54 AM Thanks mate. You're spot on with your description too.I've just gotten the car back after having the parts I listed a few posts up and the difference is incredible!The rear is rock solid now and IMO is no noisier at all. It fact, it's quieter once I consider the knocks that I occasionally used to get with the stock bush which was starting to fall apart (55,000km).The front end has so much more feel to now and the Koni shocks (which were adjusted up one turn on install) have firmed the ride up, but it's still quite comfortable.There's a little more noise coming through from the front, but not a great deal more. I'm happy to compromise on that for the benefits I've gained. The front tyres shouldn't flog out on the inside edge any more either.Overall the car feels more connected to the road and more precise. I'm very happy with the results!I have to thank Pat from WSP and XR09 for all their help and advice on the right setup for my needs.
kovac Member 68 Member For: 17y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: campbelltown Posted 24/07/11 02:52 AM Author Posted 24/07/11 02:52 AM How'd you go with this?The parts alone would be more than $3k.Seems to good to be true IMO.It did seem to good to b true found that it wasnt repacing the lot only what needed to b done but I found a place in penrith that quoted $3300 ajustable coil over spring (not sure what brand) and poly urathane bushes front and rear tranny mounts tailshaft bush and ball joints
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/07/11 03:25 AM Posted 24/07/11 03:25 AM Thought that might be the case.All of the stuff above cost me $2900 fitted.
JGP Legacy Donating Member 309 Member For: 16y 1m 8d Gender: Male Posted 15/10/11 10:44 PM Posted 15/10/11 10:44 PM I Was thinking of installing whiteline 27mm front & 22mm rear. These kits seem to come with bushes, how do the supplied whiteline bushes compare with nolathane?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now