Auto Performance.

fordboy1981

• Member For: 21y 4m 28d

The Auto / Manual debate is fine for straight line drags ... I guess if that is what you are into, then go the auto. But if you really want the thrill of gearing back and powering out of corners ... Go The Manual !!!

Guest raoulc
  • Guests
The Auto / Manual debate is fine for straight line drags ... I guess if that is what you are into, then go the auto. But if you really want the thrill of gearing back and powering out of corners ... Go The Manual !!!

You are exactly right on this.

I never drag anyone and will never do so. It waste tyres and it doesn't do anything for me. I have the manual because its more control when going out of corners, great engine braking, and great when you down shift from 5th to 4th passing traffic at 120ks.

I can also imagine I'm racing cars while doing perfectly legal speeds. I can also change smoother than an auto.

go the manual :D

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 28d

You are exactly right on this.

I never drag anyone and will never do so. It waste tyres and it doesn't do anything for me. I have the manual because its more control when going out of corners, great engine braking, and great when you down shift from 5th to 4th passing traffic at 120ks.

I can also imagine I'm racing cars while doing perfectly legal speeds. I can also change smoother than an auto.

go the manual :D

l'll second that.

l didnt buy a manual because it may be quicker, but because l prefer a manual. l like the control and especially like it for country driving throught the bends. Maybe if l lived in a city l may reconsider if l was always in stop/start traffic.

Never dragged anyone in my life, probably never will.